Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any advice/opinions on vinyl wrapping a car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any advice/opinions on vinyl wrapping a car?

Hi guys,

So long story short, I got my car keyed two times and its annoying the f*** out of me (along with other minor imperfections). I would just respray the whole car but it's expensive for a good quality one. So I was contemplating whether to Plasti-dip (easy application, ugly result) or vinyl wrapping (difficult application, paint-like results). I leaning towards vinyl wrapping but im worried about doing the application myself. I believe it should be pretty straight forward as long as i prep properly and be patient. Especially since our cars are relatively boxy.

Do any of you guys have any experience with wrapping?
    Any tips/tricks?
    Where do you think would be the hardest part to wrap? (door handles....etc....)
    Your opinion on paint vs plastidip vs vinyl?
    Also what about that textured part on our bumpers? how would I wrap that?

Thanks guys!

^MRT^

When vinyl wrapping, you're going to need at least three other people per panel. three people to hold the vinyl while one applies and works the vinyl. Vinyl scratches and rips and will look just as ugly as paint when keyed. Just my two cents.
    92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
    2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
    2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Sorry worded that wrong, the scratches from getting keyed two times are annoying me. (Same person both times )

^MRT^

Comment

I was looking into this as well after seeing a few cars wrapped and the results being really nice.

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Generally how much would it cost to DIY vinyl wrap a CB? I've seen quotes and it seems like the average for a shop to do it is 2-3k which I'd rather just get a paint job with that money. But looking at vinyl wrap prices, it doesn't seem all too expensive. Anyone have any more info to share on this?

Comment

2K-3K that's wayyyy too much for wrap.. That top notch paint job money in my opinion.

I was recently a the Ocean City H20i meet and this is where I learn about the whole rubber wrap. I spoke a gentleman that had a 3 series wrapped and he said it ran him 500$

Check out the site. They are top notch and are located in Vermont I believe.

http://www.rubber-wrap.com/

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Generally, how much sq footage of wrap do you think i'll need?

^MRT^

Comment

Working...
              X