Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

All red tail lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All red tail lights?

I know there have been some threads on it, but they haven't been discussed for a while it seems. Basically paint the amber parts on the tails red. So I'd like your guys opinion, what's your thoughts on them? Is it easier to paint them or use red vinyl film? Are they even legal?

photo belongs to accordftw

Probably easier to use a film, but painting looks better.

I personally dont like cars with all red tails. Because its harder to tell when they are signaling. Especially during the day. My work truck is a 2010 ranger and it has all red tails, they are crystal clear except for a small reflector. And its hard to tell that the bulbs are even on.

Idk its probably not illegal. But I think its stupid and less safe than amber signals. I'm not sure why newer cars are like this

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I don't see why it wouldn't be legal, some of the the 6th & 7th gen Accords have red turn signals. A lot of US cars & trucks have all red as well, either because their lazy or it makes for less to go wrong.

Either way you should be OK to make em red, comes down to personal preference.

Comment

Idk y the signals will b so hard to see with the reflectors in.

I like those.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post

I personally dont like cars with all red tails. Because its harder to tell when they are signaling. Especially during the day.

Idk its probably not illegal. But I think its stupid and less safe than amber signals. I'm not sure why newer cars are like this
          Agree 100%.

The other day i almost got hit by a new chevy aveo thing, i think, because i had no idea they were signaling into my lane. He had been pulsing the brakes just before and my eye didn't catch the "blink" since it looked just like his brake lights.

Amber blinkers look better to me, especially on the 90-91 tails.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Op u can also buy colored bulbs. I have 1 orange in my basement.. I just went out and bought clear hobby paint and painted my bulbs instead of buyin them.
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

An orange bulb behind a red filter still looks red though

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

My OEM tails are all red. Bottom ones are tail and brake, and the tops are tail and turn signal. It's so stupid and annoying that we 6G coupe guys found a way around it, lol. I even went so far as to swap in EDM tails which have amber turn signals.

I painted my CB's tail lights red, initially, before getting red/clears. They were legal and I had no issues. I eventually went back to OEM tails as I'm a fan of amber, lol.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I put a light coat of red transparent on my 92-93 tails. I then used amber bulbs in my turn signals. They still look great being all red, and they still have a amber turn signal to them.

Comment

Comment

Personally I love them, and have done them several times. I used Duplicolor Metalcast Red, and I spray the entire lens for even coverage, but I leave the reverse light white.

You don't need to change your bulbs. Leave them white. They flash red. It's not illegal to have them red. Look how many cars have all red tails. I see no difference in a car having yellow or red lenses for turn signals. I never have a problem distinguishing between a car turning or braking. Maybe I'm just not a shitty driver.
                      Last edited by crazymikey; 11-26-2012, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Its the shitty drivers in front of me with all red tails who tap their brakes unnecessarily then at some point decide they want to get in front of me and drive slower than I am. Its like they drive with one foot over the brake and have to use it intermittently to assure themselves its still there.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

I think I'll go for it, but I kinda don't want to piss off other drivers at the same time haha. I just bought amber corners though, and I kinda like the look of the amber corners partially matching the tails, I feel like if I red out my tails the car won't flow as well. Thanks for all your inputs by the way, keep em coming!

Comment

It's one of those mods that is easy enough to reverse or redo.

Comment

Hmm, very true. Paint thinner, to undo them correct? And I use wet sandpaper, but what grit?

Comment

Working...
                              X