Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

All red tail lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used a can of tamiya ps-37 to tint my acoord and 200sx tails red. looks good but I recommend a clear coat on top of it. about 8 bucks per can.

Comment

Mine reflect light through the paint just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
        I see no difference in a car having yellow or red lenses for turn signals. I never have a problem distinguishing between a car turning or braking.
        I agree. This is the first I've ever heard of this. I've personally never seen a difference between the two, I can tell when people are signalling with amber or red perfectly fine.

I think all red tails look pretty good. If I had a choice I would choose all red. I like stock tails on vehicles better that are red.

Comment

Originally posted by JFrost7 View Post
          Hmm, very true. Paint thinner, to undo them correct? And I use wet sandpaper, but what grit?
          Lacquer thinner, Wipe if off quickly, and rinse them thouroughly with soap and water.

There is a possibility that leaving the thinner on the plastic too long can start spider web cracks. I've had this happen in the past.

Comment

lacquer thinner or paint thinner will make the tail lights crack.

Comment

Originally posted by methylprop View Post
              lacquer thinner or paint thinner will make the tail lights crack.
              Even wiped off very quickly like crazymikey said? Would they really crack that easily?

Comment

No. Because I do it all the time with no problems. Some people talk out their ass with no real world experience.

Comment

I do have an issue when a car uses the brake light as the turn signal as well, i hate that when they're pressing the brakes and signaling and you can't tell what the fuck is going on

I don't care if the light is read, so long as its separate from the brake light bulb, as in it has its own bulb and spot.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                    No. Because I do it all the time with no problems. Some people talk out their ass with no real world experience.
                    I hate to keep bothering crazymikey, but how quickly are we talking here? Does 10-30 seconds make the difference on whether it starts "spider web" cracking?, or longer?

Comment

Eh, really depends. It's not something that happens immediately. You might notice it hours or days later.

Your best bet, is just soak a cloth with thinner, wipe off your area with the rag, and then use soap and water immediately after to clean off your lenses.

I use lacquer thinner on everything lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                        I do have an issue when a car uses the brake light as the turn signal as well, i hate that when they're pressing the brakes and signaling and you can't tell what the fuck is going on

I don't care if the light is read, so long as its separate from the brake light bulb, as in it has its own bulb and spot.
                        thats what im talking about. like a mentioned earlier about my work truck. as it just has a one piece tail light. i belive it has one single fillament bulb as a running on top and one dual filament as the brake and signal light. and one tiny square reflector below that.

since the CB has big reflectors it wouldnt be as bad. anyways...

mikey have you ever used like a plastic polish after? since it is meant to restore plastic wouldnt it sort of condition it? or regular wax even.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Yeah, you can use stuff like a headlight restore kit, or PlastX, or even just any other polish or wax will work too.

Comment

Originally posted by methylprop View Post
                            I used a can of tamiya ps-37 to tint my acoord and 200sx tails red. looks good but I recommend a clear coat on top of it. about 8 bucks per can.
                            that looks amazing i was planing on getting red/clears, but i love how they look where did you get the paint??

Comment

^ most likely a hobby store.

Ppl leave the reverse whiteeeeee, looks coolio that way.
                              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by JFrost7 View Post
                                I know there have been some threads on it, but they haven't been discussed for a while it seems. Basically paint the amber parts on the tails red. So I'd like your guys opinion, what's your thoughts on them? Is it easier to paint them or use red vinyl film? Are they even legal?

photo belongs to accordftw
                                so is the amber here sprayed or vinyled? and was the whole light done here or just the amber
                                Last edited by i want my cb9; 11-27-2012, 02:45 PM.
                                (sold to h22wagon93, granite cb7 $1000.00) and c91bse7 cash with trade, jdmfreak, thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X