Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Affordable speaker replacements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
    I maybe wierd, my buddy has this hertz in his doors and I like my Memphis pr 3 ways better
    yes, maybe......but are you sure they were running optimally? installed correctly? correctly powered? correctly adjusted? crossed over correctly? im sure yours are, but were they? just asking.....

like i say, i have been doing this for 20+ years and have found the best sounding speaker i have ever heard.....ever.
    SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

Originally posted by BIGRICH View Post
      yes, maybe......but are you sure they were running optimally? installed correctly? correctly powered? correctly adjusted? crossed over correctly? im sure yours are, but were they? just asking.....

like i say, i have been doing this for 20+ years and have found the best sounding speaker i have ever heard.....ever.
      They should of been, they came from Freeman's, don't know which one. But I may have been hooking up ghetto systems too long, loud ass highs, with tons of subs...sq be damn. I myself like the way a good quality pa speaker sounds, that's why I have one in my car

I also got to remember the op is asking for replacement speakers, and not a set up like mine where I have tweeters,voice,mid, mid bass and subs, running 3 amps
      Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 11-30-2012, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Hmm, I'm going to have to go with "Polk Audio DB651" because of the price and good reviews, but do I buy DB651's or DB651s? The "DB651s" just features a shorter tweeter, so should I get those for my doors for easier fitment, and regular "DB651" for my rear?

Edit: Well actually according to crutch field, the "DB651" doesn't even fit in the rear. Can anyone confirm this is true?
        Last edited by JFrost7; 12-08-2012, 05:00 PM.

Comment

DB651 good choice, they're 6.5 and aren't couple 6.5 all around? I don't see why it would not fit. I think the DB651 will fit just fine, installed those on my friend's civic all around with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by JFrost7 View Post
            Hmm, I'm going to have to go with "Polk Audio DB651" because of the price and good reviews, but do I buy DB651's or DB651s? The "DB651s" just features a shorter tweeter, so should I get those for my doors for easier fitment, and regular "DB651" for my rear?

Edit: Well actually according to crutch field, the "DB651" doesn't even fit in the rear. Can anyone confirm this is true?
            I read that there is not much difference from DB651 and DB651s, so it probably doesn't matter so much anyways, but I'd try for the "DB651S" in the front and 651 in the rear to be completely safe.

Edit: To answer the threads question, Polk's are definitely the best bang for your buck in my opinion, I plan to install the same ones you are myself. Definitely a great choice.
            Last edited by Helms; 12-23-2012, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
              It was gangsta gangsta .. top of the list...

I'm going to have to look into those hertz speakers, I'm a bit out of the game as well.
              Then I played my own shit and it went something like this... Cruisin down the street in my six fo, jockin the bitches, slappin the hoes...

IDK, me personally I just like a good set of Pioneers or Kickers. I've never had any problems with them but I'm not trying to compete or some shit with my setup, I just want my shit to sound half way decent.

Comment

My door speakers were blown, just replaced them with "Scosche" (?) speakers, got em at Walmart for 30$ and they actually sound quite nice! Replacing the rears soon too

Comment

Originally posted by A2CMiCB View Post
                  My door speakers were blown, just replaced them with "Scosche" (?) speakers, got em at Walmart for 30$ and they actually sound quite nice! Replacing the rears soon too
                  Might as well spend a few bucks more and get some sonys.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Every time I read threads like this it makes me think of how little I am actually in the loop with car audio. I bought some Boston S65 6.5" speakers for the front doors and I still haven't installed them. In reading these responses no one has even mentioned Boston. I always thought they made good stuff. Is this not true? I bought them online so I never listened to them. I just wanted some 2-way speakers and then I'd run separate tweeters.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                      Every time I read threads like this it makes me think of how little I am actually in the loop with car audio. I bought some Boston S65 6.5" speakers for the front doors and I still haven't installed them. In reading these responses no one has even mentioned Boston. I always thought they made good stuff. Is this not true? I bought them online so I never listened to them. I just wanted some 2-way speakers and then I'd run separate tweeters.
                      They are good speakers.....just not a lot of people know of them. My buddy had one of those oval Boston subs in a Jetta, and it pounded

Comment

Jarrett, Boston Acoustics are not considered on the cheaper end. Yes they are nice speakers and can be pushed to extreme limits without major distortion (in my experiences).

Being that this thread is about "affordable" speakers (as subjective as affordable is) I am not suprised Boston Acoustics were not brought up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                          It depends on what line those bostons are. THey are great. I think its not mentioned because they arent commonly found in standard electronic stores and only in specialty stores. I have heard a few of the higher end 300 dollar ones and I was amazed.
                          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I paid 35 for my pair. They were second-hand but completely unused and still sealed in the box. I guess I just got a killer deal.

Either way, they still are slightly too large for my DX/LX pods so I'll have to mount them straight to the door.
                            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Boston has fallen into the same category as Infinity, Bose, Kicker, JBL etc etc....they have cheapened themselves by selling out to the auto manufacturers....more quantity....less quality
                              SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

Didn't want to make a whole new thread on it, and this is about speakers, but how do I replace my OEM speakers with aftermarket? I have no experience with the wiring so do I just get me a set of honda speaker adapter harnesses?

http://www.amazon.com/Metra-72-7800-...rness+speakers

Comment

Working...
                                X