Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Paint Prelude Blades?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint Prelude Blades?

Hello everyone I recently purchased a set of 1996 Prelude Si blades and wanted the opinions of those who have painted their rims. For example the steps you took and what kind of products you use (Brand names) and how satisfied where you with the end results?

depends what kid of paint and finish you want really. Taking the tires off is key to a good job definately

Comment

I use the following:

Super Clean (Diluted)
      Eagle Mag Cleaner
      Nail Scrub Brush (From Autozone)

Depending on it they have a clearcoat or paint already, use Jasco paint stripper. Its usually available at Home Depot or Lowes.

If there are any knicks, start with a mid grade sand paper and work up to finer. Usually 600-800 depending on how bad, then work up to 1000-1200.

Comment

Well thats why I asked what kind do you guys recommend I'm planning om doing it with spray cans but want the best possible finish I can get to as I can. I want to paint them black or broze with shine

Comment

Originally posted by blucb7 View Post
          Taking the tires off is key to a good job definately
          I agree. But if you can't remove the tire then just use a deck of cards.

Comment

look into to plasti dip its pretty cool stuff you can peel it off if you want to go back to stock.

Comment

Plastidip is a pretty neat substance for "painting" wheels especially, since you can easily get rid of the coat or replace it if it gets too worn.

Other than that, I would probably get a powdercoating instead of a spray can job. You can disregard this bit since I doubt you'll change your mind.
              MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197342

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                I agree. But if you can't remove the tire then just use a deck of cards.
                Bingo was his name0!

That's what I used cards... and sir u have sivtec blades. Regular si wheels r 7 spokes. Coming from the h23 bb2 I guess.
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I'd recommend regular 3x5 note cards over a deck of playing cards. Most likely cheaper and easier to work with than playing cards. Sorry if you didn't mean playing cards, that's what I think of when I read "deck of cards".

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
                    I'd recommend regular 3x5 note cards over a deck of playing cards. Most likely cheaper and easier to work with than playing cards.
                    Whatever works. The point being, use something to block the rim off from the tire so you do spray it. Playing cards, index cards, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                      Bingo was his name0!

That's what I used cards... and sir u have sivtec blades. Regular si wheels r 7 spokes. Coming from the h23 bb2 I guess.
                      And they are supposedly the ones that help cool the brakes off too since the brakes are bigger on the VTEC Lude
                      The CB7 Collector.
                      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                      92 LX Coupe F22A1
                      2013 Toyota Corolla S
                      92 EX Sedan F22A1
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

So your saying they designed the wheel after a cooling idea for the brakes?
                        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Here's a link to a very good write-up i followed when i painted my wheels.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1356908

Comment

if you want to save some money, i cut up some cardboard from a cereal box and just used that to cover my tires

and if you do decide to use plasti dip make sure the can AND the wheel are relatively warm, if not the paint will come out with a texture.

^MRT^

Comment

Originally posted by AmznAzn View Post
                              if you want to save some money, i cut up some cardboard from a cereal box and just used that to cover my tires

and if you do decide to use plasti dip make sure the can AND the wheel are relatively warm, if not the paint will come out with a texture.

you can get index cards from the doller store? alot easlier just make sure you mask of your valve stem. honestly before you start id have them balanced with the weights on the inside if you havent already. then go about prepping and sanding, prep is key to any paint job. not meaning to highjack but has anyone ever tried the copper rim paint on oem rims? im thinking about giving it a go i got a brand new set of cd5 rims coming.

Comment

Working...
                              X