No announcement yet.

marcusv8thunder : 1993 Accord 2.0i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got some time at work to use the Fuel injector tester and cleaner on the Accord injectors.

Dirty!

Tester, found out that one of the injectors were "jetting" rather than a spray

So after 10mins in the Ultrasonic cleaner, tested them again, much better, and all within 1ml at setting 3ms 5000rpm and 6ms 2500rpm

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
    UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
    NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

must be nice having all the equipment at your disposal.

Comment

Originally posted by babiface082392 View Post
        must be nice having all the equipment at your disposal.
        Comes in handy, its about having time though, makes it worst in a way, all the stuff around you but busy doing work lol

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

New Front A arms

Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 03-10-2013, 06:55 PM.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

The A arms are now on! Feels alot tighter now, i got some pics of the the old ones, they were shot!

More refresh items arrived, thanks to Blueprint supplying quality parts for the CB still!

Inner and outer track rods, steering going to be like new after these are installed

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Fuel system restoration begins!

Found the leak....joke

WTF?

Ah that be why!

Out!

Order parts time!

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Originally posted by marcusv8thunder View Post
                Comes in handy, its about having time though, makes it worst in a way, all the stuff around you but busy doing work lol
                i here ya on that. i had so many parts for my car around my house for over a year b4 i could put'em on..

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3222203/5

Comment

lovely to see cars outside of the US here. is that a bullet hole in the tank?!

cheers to your restoration!
                  1cor10:31
                  - 92 LX coupe
                  - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
                    lovely to see cars outside of the US here. is that a bullet hole in the tank?!

cheers to your restoration!
                    Ive been putting this job off for ever, thinking its going be costly and alot of effort. In fact i reckon a good few years that holes been there. Scary thought though.

Its a small bolt that was replaced that fixed the rear base seats down by the bracket for the seat belt connector thing.

Anyway all fixed now, will post some phone pics shortly

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

So inspected the tank for leaks other than that obvious hole, and also the piping etc. All all is good. This is good news as i half expected 20 year parts to be old and no good.

So ive prepped the tank and filler neck with Curust rust treatment, and then anti rust primer. Followed by satin black paint, and the all important underseal.

some quick phone pics, here but the key fact here is, i can now fill up the tank fully, without any leaks, it doesnt smell, out or inside the cabin either, so result! Why didnt i do this job earlier!

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

New tyres! Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 R1 compound 215/4517 91Y

And 2 Blueprint lower ball joints, which completes the front end for joint replacement.

Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 04-25-2013, 03:20 PM.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Hey mate, you've been working hard! Always loved your accord. Must be good to loose the stock rims since winters over for you guys. Nice tyres, perfect dimensions, had the same on mine. I just noticed the 91 rating on the new rubber. Can you believe I was booked for having the exact same tyre last year. It was the day after I purchased them, had the reciept in the glovebox. Copper claimed they were below the min rating stated on the sticker in the door jam for stock 15s. I hate victorian cops.

Comment

Originally posted by nicko View Post
                            Hey mate, you've been working hard! Always loved your accord. Must be good to loose the stock rims since winters over for you guys. Nice tyres, perfect dimensions, had the same on mine. I just noticed the 91 rating on the new rubber. Can you believe I was booked for having the exact same tyre last year. It was the day after I purchased them, had the reciept in the glovebox. Copper claimed they were below the min rating stated on the sticker in the door jam for stock 15s. I hate victorian cops.
                            Same goes to you, loved that white beaut! Yeah back on rims now, its the wobbly tall side wall feel i hate the most!

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

So brakes needed replacing, i swore to my self i wouldnt put another HOR 260mm setup back on last time, and i did, this time defiantly not!

So cars been off the road again, removed the knuckles, have been stripping them down, cleaning up etc. And acquiring parts!

So far i have got the knuckle refreshed and bearings removed. New bearings, refreshed 282mm calipers and brackets and awaiting the Acura CL hubs from bseballkid1990. I have new EBC Prelude discs coming tomorrow.

So some progress pics so far.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Nice upgrades

Comment

Working...
                                X