No spark,no pump prime and solid cel with no codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No spark,no pump prime and solid cel with no codes

Hey guys, I have a 90 cb that has a no start issue, I have no spark, no pump prime and cel stays lit even while the plug is jumped codes do not read nor does cel blink just stays solid.

What I have done so far was, checked and cleaned grounds, result car cranked harder. 2nd thing I did was hot wire the pump and got fuel to the rail, 3rd thing I did was jump the injectors as well as tested with a bolt meter also checked volts at fuel pump plug both areas get power.

After that I ended up buying a new main relay as well as checked to see if volts were going to main relay they were. Checked volts to Ecu again they were and used working Ecus as well so far same result no codes when jumped, no fuel pump prime no spark. Also bought a distributor new and same result no spark. Has anyone encountered this issue and if so what was done.

Also I checked and replaced all the fuses with new fuses. And fuse boxes again coming from working cars when swap to the donor car fuse boxes and fuses worked.

Please I need to get this car going so I can fix the problems in my other car bad bushings and engine problems need to be addressed. I'd go to a shop but I don't have the money to pay for everything to get get done especially if I can do it myself and spend 500 on parts
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

If the CEL stays solid when you jump the connector, that means that there are no codes. Does the CEL stay on if you remove the jumper?
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Yea stays on when not jumped, the Ecu I tried came from working cars and worked on working cars
      NEW CB

new

Comment

Yes, I'm going through this issue with my BB6. I believe it's an ECU issue with me. Being that you replaced yours, that's not it. Did the CEL stay on with the new ECUs as well? If it is, check your ground under the thermostat as well as your battery voltage at the ecu connector with your black probe on the ecu ground at the connector.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Did that, as stated in the beginning, light stayed and still stays on
          NEW CB

new

Comment

Ok, just double checking. Let me break out the service manual. Another quick check...do you have 5v at your MAP, TPS or EGR lift sensor?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Idk, but why would that cause my issue
              NEW CB

new

Comment

Because that will tell you if your ECU has good logic voltage. Something outside of the ECU could be dragging it down. It's not likely, but it can be scratched off the list fairly easily.

Edit: The fact that the fuel pump doesn't prime is something that really needs further investigation. That's one of the first signals the ECU sends out when you turn the ignition on...
                Last edited by sonikaccord; 12-08-2015, 10:55 PM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I was actually wondering if the ignition switch could be causing this issue...
                  Originally posted by Mishakol129
                  Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                    Because that will tell you if your ECU has good logic voltage. Something outside of the ECU could be dragging it down. It's not likely, but it can be scratched off the list fairly easily.

Edit: The fact that the fuel pump doesn't prime is something that really needs further investigation. That's one of the first signals the ECU sends out when you turn the ignition on...
                    Ah ok makes sense. Well let me start this off by saying I encountered this issue after trying to get obd2 injectors work on my cb by deleting the resistor box which I changed 3 times.

I went back and had the solid cell, no pump prime and no spark. Which I did change things out with no luck, my ignition never gave issues and still gets voltage as well
                    NEW CB

new

Comment

This is for the CC7 chassis, but it should work for us.
                      The Flowchart for the MIL stays on or comes on after two seconds goes like this:
                      You don't have any DTC's
                      The engine does not start
                      The ECU fuse in the underhood fuse box is good
                      The ECU fuse in the under-dash fuse box is good
                      Disconnect the following three sensors one at a time:
                      MAP
                      EGR
                      TPS
                      Does the MIL remain ON?
                      If yes, check for continuity between ground and terminals D19, D20
                      If there is no continuity, Measure the voltage between body ground and A26, B2 individually.
                      If there is less than 1.0V, measure the voltage between A26 (-) and B2(+)
                      If there is battery voltage, replace ECM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Where are those terminals exactly, I don't have a manual to reference to
                        NEW CB

new

Comment

Bump any ideas
                          NEW CB

new

Comment

Those are the ecu plugs that it refers to.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Ah ok
                              NEW CB

new

Comment

Working...
                              X