Engine transport suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine transport suggestion

Hi, I am planning to pick up a H22A and M2B4 this weekend and wanted to know what you guys suggest I have ready to safely bring them home?

So far my plans are to rent a 4'x7' flat bed trailer from U-Haul that I will be towing behind my Yukon, a junk tire I plan on using to sit the engine down in it so the oil pan won't get beat and a set of tie downs that I will be purchasing soon from Harbor Freight. What do you guys suggest for lifting the engine?

Thanks for your guys input.
    1993 Accord LX Coupe 5spd

An engine hoist to lift the engine
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Snag a pallet from a grocery store to put it on. Then strap down through the slats on the pallet. Much easier.

Hoist to pick up engine, or if you are strong and can get some help two guys can easily lift the engine/trans seperately. If they are not seperate, get a hoist. If you try and muscle it, wrap the engine with straps and lift using those.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

if you are getting the engine from a depot of sorts then they will supply you with a crate.dude you have a yukon you dont need a trailer.it will fit right in the back no probs.

my new turbo build

Comment

remove ps seat set engine/trans in its place. ride out.
          COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
            What he said. When I moved two months ago I put my spare transmission and H22 block (separated) in the trunk. I sat the block over my spare in the wheel well. The only thing I regretted was not raising the height on my Type2s first because my rear was SLAMMED.
            '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
            If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
              This will work. I took out the front and the bottom back seat. You will have to remove the intake.
              Oh wait mine was just the engine

Steve

Comment

There will be oil and fluid spillage. Make sure you have thick plastic sheets protecting interior of your car if you go this route. Tie it down good, too. You don't want any one crashing into you and you being crushed with the engine.
                A&P-IA

Comment

Yes mine was drained well. Tape on the coolant openings And a tie strap around the door pillar This is not ideal. But I couldn't get a truck. So I made it work

Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X