Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22A specs clarification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22A specs clarification

Would some one clear this for me:

1994 H22A VTEC (black top) with original Automatic Tranny and original P13 ECU i was told this makes only 180HP because its automatic.. is this true? if so thats $1500 for only 40 Hp more i would of just turbo my F22A6.

If any one can clear this up for me i know H22A they range around 190Hp-220hp depending on model but 180HP? is this correct or a my a victim of a vtec hater . . .

I am positive is wrong input by a hater so i want to hear the opinion of my fellow CB7 owners.

Are you asking about a USDM or jdm h22a?

Comment

JDM H22A makes 200 HP auto or manual.

Tippey, I would assume JDM H22 if he is talking about a 1994 with an automatic
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
        Are you asking about a USDM or jdm h22a?
        good question and yes a legit JDM , with its original ecu tranny and all , and its new intake header 2" exhaust i was about to say 180hp?! what.. since i dint see any auto dyno ,specs on Google or forum etc it had me thinking .

Comment

a lot of engine importers don't know jack shit about the engines they import
          ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
            JDM H22A makes 200 HP auto or manual.

Tippey, I would assume JDM H22 if he is talking about a 1994 with an automatic
            Actually, JDM H22a makes 190PS and 200PS

Accord applications: 190PS

Preludes: 200PS

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
            Honda Accord Euro-R
            Honda Odyssey Absolute
            Honda City I-DSi
            Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by blizzard335 View Post
              Actually, JDM H22a makes 190PS and 200PS

Accord applications: 190PS

Preludes: 200PS
              http://www.mr2ownersclub.com/converter.htm
              if you want an easy way to convert metric hp (ps) to hp, don't think ps caught on in most places, about like our standard units system
              ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Originally posted by Zato View Post
                Would some one clear this for me:

1994 H22A VTEC (black top) with original Automatic Tranny and original P13 ECU i was told this makes only 180HP because its automatic.. is this true? if so thats $1500 for only 40 Hp more i would of just turbo my F22A6.

If any one can clear this up for me i know H22A they range around 190Hp-220hp depending on model but 180HP? is this correct or a my a victim of a vtec hater . . .

I am positive is wrong input by a hater so i want to hear the opinion of my fellow CB7 owners.
                Are you sure its not the JDM F20B? It looks similar to an H22, and to my knowlede it had less HP for the auto version than it did for the manual.

I dont believe the H22 came with different powers based on the tranny it was sold with.

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
                Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

Comment

Originally posted by Pali_Mo View Post
                  Are you sure its not the JDM F20B? It looks similar to an H22, and to my knowlede it had less HP for the auto version than it did for the manual.

I dont believe the H22 came with different powers based on the tranny it was sold with.
                  no its not the F20b , the bar on the engine says H22A , and if am not wrong the F20B is a blue top right? , mine is black. but it makes sense to me that auto and stick had same power rating i can understand 0-10hp lost but 20hp is to much .

Comment

Everyone likes to rate their H22's based on the assembly line crank Hp specs from 1994! Not hard to see why so many people get upset when their 17 year old H22A VTEC only puts down 170 on a dyno....

Most of the numbers that people are posting are from wiki's and other online forums. Most of them are Honda's crank Hp specs, not actual power to the ground. The stock H22A black top is rated for 200 crank Hp. That could work out to be anywhere between 160-180whp on a 17 year old engine. Drop in the type S and it could bump it up to 175-200whp.

Your F22A6 is probably only putting down 110-120whp! $1500 for 180whp is a bit bigger jump than you thought. Putting 60 more ponies to the ground isn't cheap. However, your initial thoughts of boosting your A6 are correct. It would be cheaper, initially, to boost your F22A6 to get more wheel Hp than a stock 17 year old H22A.
                    Last edited by GhostAccord; 08-15-2011, 02:32 PM.
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Here is a stock internal H22A with 80k with some bolt on mods putting 190 to the ground. With a tuned ECU, not a stock P13.
                      http://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...d.php?t=211919

This is phatdoughnut's CB7, He is a member on here as well.
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Accord
                      Last edited by GhostAccord; 08-15-2011, 02:33 PM.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                        Everyone likes to rate their H22's based on the assembly line crank Hp specs from 1994! Not hard to see why so many people get upset when their 17 year old H22A VTEC only puts down 170 on a dyno....

Most of the numbers that people are posting are from wiki's and other online forums. Most of them are Honda's crank Hp specs, not actual power to the ground. The stock H22A black top is rated for 200 crank Hp. That could work out to be anywhere between 160-180whp on a 17 year old engine. Drop in the type S and it could bump it up to 175-200whp.

Your F22A6 is probably only putting down 110-120whp! $1500 for 180whp is a bit bigger jump than you thought. Putting 60 more ponies to the ground isn't cheap. However, your initial thoughts of boosting your A6 are correct. It would be cheaper, initially, to boost your F22A6 to get more wheel Hp than a stock 17 year old H22A.
                        yea i get what you mean my F22A6 had 300,000 miles on it and i can feel the power faded away but the H22A has under 30K that's why i got it 0_0 but well see i want to boost the h22 i know its not easy but its ether that or sale it and buy an evo or impreza and work with that.

Comment

Working...
                        X