Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Fav Feature abput your cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
    Thanks He told me how pissed he would get when he would bang his knee against it when he rode in the pax seat.
    I remember this also or would sit slightly to the left (wait thats your right) when Im in the passenger seat to avoid hitting it. Lol

Don't laugh as I am thinking of re-installing this in my Dad's CB.

Why? Because he is used to the functions of his Phone a Nokia - similar to the factory fitment Mercedes had on their car (older people find learning new technology difficult and frustrating). Avoids having to pair the phone to the handsfree system, avoids having to learn about blue tooth and navigating to the pairing set up, cradle acts as no fuss holder (rather than a windscreen holder that blocks vision), connects, charges and holds in one motion (rather than pair up, plug charger and fix in phone holder 3 step), has constant back light capability at night (like the rest of the driving instruments) and no drop outs (as its hard wired) to name a few.

So im deeply considering refitting this. As I have 2 of the car kits my dad can have handsfree in 2 of our vehicles
    Rides:

Accord
    92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
    96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
    88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
    95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
    91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Originally posted by JDMDriver View Post
      I remember this also or would sit slightly to the left (wait thats your right) when Im in the passenger seat to avoid hitting it. Lol

Don't laugh as I am thinking of re-installing this in my Dad's CB.

Why? Because he is used to the functions of his Phone a Nokia - similar to the factory fitment Mercedes had on their car (older people find learning new technology difficult and frustrating). Avoids having to pair the phone to the handsfree system, avoids having to learn about blue tooth and navigating to the pairing set up, cradle acts as no fuss holder (rather than a windscreen holder that blocks vision), connects, charges and holds in one motion (rather than pair up, plug charger and fix in phone holder 3 step), has constant back light capability at night (like the rest of the driving instruments) and no drop outs (as its hard wired) to name a few.

So im deeply considering refitting this. As I have 2 of the car kits my dad can have handsfree in 2 of our vehicles
      Wow i did not even know you could have a car phone in service anymore.

This thread just went WAYY off topic lol
      visit vgruk

Comment

its paid for. but my fav feature on it is the sunroof hands down. or up for that matter....

Comment

brown interior
          1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
          2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

Tell him to get a Nokia lumia. Theyre still nokia lol. My favorite feature is my sound system . Other than that, just the wait it drives.

Comment

OEM keyless entry.
              Originally posted by deevergote
              These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

1992 Car (So 20y old)

Cruise Control
                A/C
                Electric Windows
                Power Steering
                Electric Glass Sunroof

360000Kms and still run great !

Bought for 250€...

Thats all !

Comment

Favorite features, hmm... I would have to say that someone stole the broken 22 year old oem radio. Must have been rare? lol and of course the automatic front seatbelts never have to worry about a seatbelts ticket in Florida.
                  Hoonigan: a person who participates in any type of reckless driving including but not limited to drifting, drag racing, burnouts, doughnuts as well as acts of automotive aeronautics.
                  MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=195250

Comment

I like how we have glass headlight lenses!
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Swappable bolt ons and MPGS!
                      cb7sk8rdude

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                        I like how we have glass headlight lenses!
                        Yes!!!!!!!!!!! Looks way newer than it is just because the headlights aren't cloudy!

Also, I've never seen a CB7 that had sun damage to the dash. Walk through the JY, find like 5 with over 200k, and the interiors still look good. Quality materials or something.

Comment

my jdm h22!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kinguin7 View Post
                            Yes!!!!!!!!!!! Looks way newer than it is just because the headlights aren't cloudy!

Also, I've never seen a CB7 that had sun damage to the dash. Walk through the JY, find like 5 with over 200k, and the interiors still look good. Quality materials or something.
                            You know what man, now that you say that.. I never seen a faded dash either.

I always keep mine clean or try 2 at least.
                            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by kinguin7 View Post

You have soft dash, not just the dash but soft door moulds too.

Yes, they are very high quality compared to todays materials (hard plastics on dash, hard plastics on doors). Our 20yr old dash do not fade, let alone crack or even warp).

Newer cars sucker people in by the new shape, new colour, bragging rights, so called feature (that are more want than necessary) and features you can actually retrofit (ipod, blue tooth, revers sensor, camera etc. etc.).

Cars have become so much a fashion item that manufacturers change the design and marketing pitch to market them with new fads and trends (LED's, LED's with shape etc) and its enough to sucker people to buying them. People disregard the fact the quality may be dubious and may end up being less than their old car (I've seen LED bulbs fail, and LED's incomplete even if they say it lasts forever). Just look at how many LEDs in spoilers are incomplete or with uneven brightness. This should be an indicator of how LED's are long term (when they get older).

Failed LED's in brake light applications are not as easy as pulling them out and replacing them with over the counter available bulbs. Failing or Failed LED's need to be removed individually and the brightness can only be guaranteed to be even if all are removed and replaced. If you replaced all the LEDS on the left your right side will be dimmer so you need to replace all on that side too. Unlike the old bulbs, replace one or two and the whole illumation area is bright and also the illimunation is even once again (like factory) in a matter or seconds. Not that Incandescent bulbs fail every year anyway. They fail 5 to 8 yrs of use if ever and that is not so unsafe or frequent that it justifies a LED or new car replacement.

People are such sheep I have seen many friends make a new purchase mearly because it is "New" and when the "Newness" is gone their feeling for the car is gone too. They also complain how something failed so soon or how their part is so expensive (when its needed to be replaced due to a minor accident, a minor vandalism or just maintenance).

Like when a new ipod or iphone is released people all of a sudden feel their old phone or ipod is no longer sufficient. They then abuse, neglect or unconciously cause an accident (as they dont place the same importance to it anymore) so they have a reason to purchase again.

How brain washed are we into consuming!
                              Last edited by JDMDriver; 07-11-2012, 10:19 PM.
                              Rides:

Accord
                              92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                              96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                              88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                              92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                              95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                              92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                              91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Old School Honda, dont need to worry about a weak transmission or engine. Parts plentyful at Pick-n-pull. Not a high value car that can be daily driven without risking the farm!
                                91 Accord LX 5-speed
                                93 Accord LX 5-speed

Comment

Working...
                                X