No announcement yet.

Windows fog up uncontrollably.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not saying this is the problem but I'm just throwing it out there. I had a problem with water in the heater box on a 07 Mustang. The cowl drains got clogged up from debris and allowed water to rise high enough to leak into the heater box after a heavy rain. Some people may mistake it for a leaking heater core. Just something to check first before blaming it on the heater core.

1991 Accord LX .

Comment

I had this same problem in one of my Oldsmobiles,and an Accord. It was the heater core leaking. Fogging up, film on the windows, antifreeze was actually in the carpets.

I've replaced the heater core in my now dead 1990 EX Sedan. You have to pull the dash board the evaporator core and finally the heater core. Pulling the dash board isn't difficult. 7 bolts in the dash, remove the center console, unplug dash harnesses, unhook climate control unit, remove steering wheel. Then pull the dash. Besides you have an awesome 93 SE sedan dash to install.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Yeah, I've pulled the dashboard more times than I care to count on this car and many of the other CBs I've owned and found at junkyards. The car has been sitting since March and will continue to do so for a few more weeks, but I'll be replacing the heater core within the month.

I was looking for a way to do it without opening the A/C system as there's still R12 in the system and it works perfectly. My last three Accords had A/C issues and when I finally get one that works perfectly (one reason I purchased it) I have to ruin it for reasons not related to A/C. Oh well, such is life.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I don't blame you I've rebuilt the a/c pumps in my last 2 Accords to accommodate R-132a because they had already leaked the R12 out. I'm hoping that I don't have to open the system on my '93 SE coupe that still has the R12 in it.
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Working...
          X