Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever returned anything to RockAuto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone ever returned anything to RockAuto?

I recently bought a J35A3 and nearly every seal, gasket, clutch, and timing component to replace on it. I can't find my MLS Honda manifold gaskets I had ordered already for the J32A2, so I thought I'd toss some crush-steel ones on RockAuto with the rest of the order I was placing in the meantime.

I ordered part number EG284. The picture clearly shows the manifold-to-head gaskets as steel gaskets. The ones I received were graphite.

I set up a claim through their accounts page on the site and I'll wait to hear back I was just wondering if anyone ever disputed anything like this with them before and what the results were.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

i ordered some LS400 exhaust manifold gaskets only to find out that my EGR pipe was cracked, had that welded for 20 bucks now i don't need these anymore, especially since it takes 11 hrs of labor to replace them, so let me know if you successfully returned your parts. Although, my gaskets i got were on closeout special, with only a 30 day warranty so i'm not sure if i can or not.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Ive returned items, returned cores, and also requested exchanges. They are great and super easy about anything. I had a HG arrive bent, they had a new one on my doorstep asap and I didnt have to return the old one or pay anything!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Funny you should ask.

A couple of years ago, someone wacked off my mom's DS mirror on her sienna. Me being the nice son I am, I went and bought her a mirror from RA (wasn't nice enough to go oem). When the mirror arrived I surprised my mom and she wasn't exactly thrilled about the quality but still thankful for the thought. She opted to pay almost 4 times more than what I paid to buy one from the dealer.

Anyway, so I'm stuck with this mirror that I just shelled out $50 for. I go to the RA website and print out the shipping label that deducts shipping cost from the money I get back. I put the mirror back in the box it came in (by the way the mirror was crammed into a box and I wondered how it wasn't broken when I got it) and sent it on Its way.

Weeks later I got an email from some jerk from RA telling me I was basically screwed since a tiny corner piece on the mirror was broken when they recieved it and they could not give me any money back and if I wanted the mirror back I would have to pay for postage (again!)

That's when I learned my lesson to never ever return ship auto parts because they're either looking to get over on me or I'm just a shitty packer. One or the other...
        Originally posted by cb7dazz
        And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        ...for example

Comment

Working...
        X