Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buzzing sound from passenger floor corner area

OK. This is more of a fun post or save me time post
    So I went to an appt, car worked fine, came out , turn the key and this. Didn't affect the car except that it was dam loud. It's in the bottom corner of the passenger side. It sounds like a stuck solenoid.

- Heater and controls , fan all work
    - Signals , lights, everything in the car works.

Only one post I could find talking about this with no answer. ........ someone must of had this happen ...

Last edited by Raf99; 08-28-2017, 07:43 PM.

Youtube video doesn't work. Have you tried changing your blendor settings? Say from face to feet? If that works does your re-circulation motor work. I've had mine die before when changing from outside are to re-circulation. It made the most horrible ticking/buzz noise until it died. Also I've had the blower fans make a horrible buzz while running as well. Only option on either is to replace.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
      Youtube video doesn't work. Have you tried changing your blendor settings? Say from face to feet? If that works does your re-circulation motor work. I've had mine die before when changing from outside are to re-circulation. It made the most horrible ticking/buzz noise until it died. Also I've had the blower fans make a horrible buzz while running as well. Only option on either is to replace.
      Video fixed. Ya, next step i may do is unplug the connectors to those devices and see if the sound goes away. Sound like the same sound you had?

Comment

OMG yes that sound is very familiar! Two things turn off the fan, or slow it down and speed it up. Does the noise change? If not it's most likely the fresh/re-circulation motor/solenoid is dying. In both instances I've just replaced the entire blendor box or fan motor with one from a junkyard.

Not sure what your options are. I doubt you have a spare of either laying around the garage. I think I have a spare blendor box. I'm not sure if you can replace just that motor/solenoid though.

Comment

Yes fresh air recirculate issue, not that common on cb's but I've heard it before. Sometimes gear teeth break and cause that sound.
          ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Originally posted by cb7 calling View Post
            Yes fresh air recirculate issue, not that common on cb's but I've heard it before. Sometimes gear teeth break and cause that sound.
            Sweet. I'll rip it apart this weekend. Thanks man.

Comment

Dang man, that's a loud fuel pump you have there!
              I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                Dang man, that's a loud fuel pump you have there!
                lol. God forbid I have to find another unit ..... i'm hoping a wire is stuck in the gear or something stopping it from moving.

Comment

I have a feeling you might need new gears if nothing else. Let us know what you find. If it's something small I could just throw it in the mail for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                    I have a feeling you might need new gears if nothing else. Let us know what you find. If it's something small I could just throw it in the mail for you.
                    cool, thanks

Comment

OK. Thought I'd post some pics to show people what this issue is. May help someone down the road.

The issues is with this unit. The only gears here are in the black box which turns and moves the flap levers.

Seeing some stripped gears here.

These gears look fine. So it's the "cork screw" gear that is stripped. Honda wants $175 for this unit. Ebay wants almost $100. Going to keep looking.

Comment

Replacement unit and what it should look like. Weird that they used different part #s and it's a different color. Maybe a recall back in the day.

Comment

Working...
                        X