Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

been running hot, overhaul or replace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been running hot, overhaul or replace?

SO.... ive been reading everything from integra to civic forums for years, had several swapped cars, im about halfway a mechanic, a tenth of a tech, lol...
    I finally got ahold of a good-framed CB7 (93 "Arcadia Green" LX) ... yeah, i just like the name of the color...
    moving on...
    A breif history so yall can understand the condition of this motor, and tell me wether id be just as safe with an h23 and just the water pump and timing belt changed....

The guy who owned this car before me was a complete idiot...
    i fixed so many things on it right after the transaction that he came back a week later and stole it back...
    and with a taped up return hose and before i could replace the weeping waterpump.. drove it about 30 miles on the highway....
    police got it back... cause im, for the mostpart, NOT a dumbass...
    the weephole cause wasnt clear to me, and i saw some oil dripping from the back of the head... broke as i was, the only thing i could even attempt was some bars head sealer (yeah.. i know... but i paid 200$ and plan to swap once the rest of the car is updated.)
    the oil leak stopped, the weephole leak gives me about 5 blocks before the temp starts going up...
    the car sounds like the timing is good, it starts up after sitting for months at a time...
    I FINALLY have some tax return money coming in...
    I want up or down on having the DEALERSHIP replace the following, plus any additional advice on thing that might make this motor undetectably worthless.
    head gasket,
    oil pan (dumbass put a random bolt in and fubared the threads),
    water pump,
    belts/tensioners/seals
    oil pump...
    the alternator also went out.
    Im going with all oem parts and going to just pay for the high mileage service so ill get a courtesey warranty .. and some windshield wipers installed... by .. like... someone else... while i sit back...
    hmmmm, lol..
    I have a family now... and though i can hardly wait to throw a nonvtec h23 in it just for the reliable torque and maybe a tiptronic, since i like to tinker with wiring...
    I want to have something completely reliable while i swap out the discs and do a complete suspension overhaul one section at a time...
    my wife likes the idea of the dealership doing it...
    what do yall think...
    could the 2400$ actually be worth it? ... a honda-dealer's bundled and cost-parts service package that our motors so seldom get from the dealership?
    Im talking every seal on the motor that isnt within a rotating assembly...
    worth doing if the motors mechanicals seem well timed and powerfull?
    im also considering the billet plate blockoffs for the fast idle and egr, but i got mixed info on the latter...
    does EGR raise or lower intake air temps?
    ps: compression is good...
    trans is good, but the seals and a flush would be sweet and are included...
    car needs a/c and a few other bull$hit things, but it wasnt driven hard..
    ... i loved my DA9 and this, to me, is like the four door they should have made...
    i love how similar the designs are in general..
    simple vote would be...
    fix it, or do the h23 NOW??? .
    h23 non-vtec swap, done right
    50.00%
    direct hmotors f22 replacement
    25.00%
    having honda overhaul the motor and flush the trans
    0.00%
    buying the parts, printing OESM pages, and grab the jackstands and pray i know what im doing. lmao
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

Get the h23 in my opinion or get h22

Comment

yea, im deffinately leaning towards the swap... pricing out a crawler and some jackstands... i cant lift it in an apartment driveway, but im doing a full AC swap so i have to pull the front end anyways... so...
      motorcycle jack time? lol

which do you think is better for non-highway luxury and reliability, with the ocasional blast of a sow fokker?
      h23a non-vtec
      or the h22?

Comment

It sounds like you need to buy a cheap, running car. Given the options I would swap the H23A but I'd find the best one I could and I'd buy a complete gasket and timing set before putting it in. But I don't know that I would recommend that to someone in an apartment complex.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

finally done and havin fun in the sun!

Comment

tried something different with the front facia

i orderd a jdm sir badge and jbwelded it to the 25$ ebay grill... some $15 corners and bumpers from summit, and i think shes purrrdy...
            running like a champ with perfect compression...
            i built a da9 while living in it once...
            lol...
            we out in the country and i got a work area now...
            just put in a cardone rack, kyb shocks with the new heavy duty dustboots, es bushings and isolators, ebc rotors and pads, falken ziex512s, walker cali spec mid pipe going to an ex muffler and a 2.75x2.75" three bolt flange spacer i had welded together from spare bits lying around a muffler shop... comes right out to bypass the rear... but keeps the cat in cause i like mother nature... hell, i married her. lol
            had a walbro go out, but my accell ignition is working nicely with some cheap oreilley plug wires... i want those gone, but im catching up after getting my wife a jeep.
            were out in the country now, but i must say...
            the slightly raised front on the accord seems to help handling all around.
            those es coil isolators are sweet... and my gravel road doesnt even cause chasis rattle anymore... my exhaust is a different story though. lol
            thanks for the advice guys...
            steve at hmotors talked me into a sweet motor he had sitting for a repeat customer...
            i dont know what its got... but i blew by a 98 mustang gt within 5 seconds of a downshift
            last night... he was slowing down cause it was evening and i had just the corners lit..., and i heard him rev... then saw his jaw drop...
            my car isnt even loud... its just... terrifying.
            whenever the compression finally goes i wanna pull the head and pan and see if i got some extra goodies i didnt pay for... cause... this doesnt seem right...
            im back on the stock cb fuel pump too.
            *shrugs...
            no complaints... i got new axles too

Comment

no egr will lean out the mixture, ive read the p0f will accept this and account for it but you still have to keep the egr stuff intact to fake it out (longer bolts egr valve on top of blockoff plate)..for intake temps im sure it cant hurt. one of those thermoplastic intake gaskets will help more along with deletion or looping of fitv lines
              im blocking off the air boost, FITV, and EGR
              Last edited by illinois_erik; 06-09-2013, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X