No announcement yet.

Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The projectors I ordered finally came in from being back ordered. I figured out a mounting solution for the LED'S pods and I just have to cut the opening for the low beam a little larger to install the projectors. This is just my practice light so I don't run into problems with the good lights. Hopefully I'll have them finished soon.

Last edited by Mike1357; 05-16-2016, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Nice! You got the square lenses! I think they compliment the shape of the headlight really well. They have an interesting fall off on the far edges of the light beam pattern. This is likely due to the nature of the flattening of the four sides of sphere. The centers of the beams are per usual. Have fun chopping the shroud... That part sucked the most in my installation. Those windows will be interesting to see once it's all buttoned up.
      1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Yeah, I mainly went with them because of the complimenting shape; that and I haven't seen a CB with them yet. Good info to know about the fall off. I should just be able to take the very top and very bottom to a belt sander to make the shrouds fit; they aren't off by much. I'm also probably one of the only people retrofitting a set of US spec headlights. I may turn around and sell these to finance a set of EDM lights.

Comment

Installed some new (to me) amplifiers in the car over the weekend. I'm thinking my door speakers may be going out because I have barely any midbase. Might take the opportunity to upgrade the package tray speakers to Rockfords as well.

Last edited by Mike1357; 06-01-2016, 01:36 PM.

Comment

I have the square lenses on mine, that's how I know about the interesting beam pattern. Unfortunately I lost the photos of the install. They're on a hard drive that crashed and I haven't taken the time to try and salvage the information from it. I'll snap some photos soon I'm sure!

A belt sander will definitely help. I don't have one so I just went with painter's tape and a Dremel with cutoff wheel.
            1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Well, I finally bought the hole saw to cleanly cut the opening on the headlight for the retrofit. I'm contemplating making a DIY. Haven't done much lately though.

Comment

Did some more work on my prototype light. I'm getting closer to actually starting on the permanent lights.

And I have to thank Kevin Chinnn for helping me out with these. My right side sidemarker kept falling out because the locking tab rusted away and I had ordered some other sidemarkers but they were the wrong size.

Comment

Small update, but it's a neat one. These are aftermarket A/C knobs for a Nissan Livina. With a little modification they work decently and look pretty damn good. I picked up the idea from a Malaysian CB owner on FB.

Comment

Well, since I cracked yet another GReddy lip, I decided to do something different for the time being. MR.PHIL had this "Bille" style bumper from his old build collecting dust so I picked it up from him. I'm thinking a full adjustable splitter and some ducting in the lower vents.

Comment

That changed the whole look of your car.
                      I have been sitting here for a few minutes staring at it, seeing how it's flowing together,
                      With the rest of your mods that bumper seems to be working Can we get some more angles of it?
                      CB7TUNER.com
                      Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Seriously, that's a good looking bumper.

I think it could benefit from those end-winglets you have on the GReddy lip.

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                          That changed the whole look of your car.
                          I have been sitting here for a few minutes staring at it, seeing how it's flowing together,
                          With the rest of your mods that bumper seems to be working Can we get some more angles of it?
                          I feel like it's missing something. It's definitely not as edgy as my old setup. That's something I'll have to work on. I may go through and reshape or replace some sections of the bumper later. I want to paint it as well, though in all reality the whole car needs paint. Here's a few more pictures I took after installing the turn signals.

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
                          Seriously, that's a good looking bumper.

I think it could benefit from those end-winglets you have on the GReddy lip.
                          Thanks! I thought the same thing too about the winglets, but after test fitting them I can tell they just don't flow with it (not to mention there isn't much space for mounting as it was cut for the intercooler on the car it originally came from). I'm really considering doing a full front splitter for this bumper after I pick up the ducts for the lower openings.

Comment

Man, honestly, I really dig that bumper. First time seeing it! & I like it even more due to it still having the oem style trim on the bumper too! Legitness!
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199269 Current Coupe.

Instagram : moii_26

Playstation Network : el_tyrone

Comment

That's one of the reasons I liked it too. It was different but still had am OEM feel to it.

Comment

Here's a fresh batch of pictures.

Comment

Working...
                                X