No announcement yet.

marcusv8thunder : 1993 Accord 2.0i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well big update time, only been in the paintshop queue for like 3 months but, back in March I booked in for new rear arches.

Last week I got it back, and I very happy with the outcome

Progress pics from the paintshop

Finished product

Filled the antenna hole while I was at it.

Also got these radius rod bushes in too.

And did some serious tiding up inside all arches also.

Put on some new rear tyres, Goddyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 215/45/17 91Y XL too, loving them also.

So yeah these arches were letting the side down Sorry had too. Really has freshened up the appearance.
    Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 07-22-2016, 02:43 PM.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
    UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
    NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Looks like very good work.
      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Another trip to the Nurburgring this year!

This time with some semi slicks up front, decent brakes and the U2Q7 gears and LSD.

Pics to come, but I manage to go pro both a lap on the Nurburgring, and the Nurburgring GP Circuit.

Here is the GP Circuit. Go pro didnt record til half way through the session, I was about 10mins in by this point. Please be kind, I had to google the track layout whilst in the queue to go out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubl6kJsgXiY

Also the Ring lap, I did 5 over a space of a couple of days, it opens for public use 5.15pm-7.15pm so normally a chaotic frenzy of people trying to get on. Again excuse the lifting of throttle, I am not a master of the ring!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W99...ature=youtu.be

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Hmmmm.....when did you do you Ring laps?

I was there on Sep. 7th. It is very chaotic during open lap time, but it is a great experience.
          http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

That crossover is very very pronounced. You were right about that intake upgrade.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Thank you for the ring video, I have been waiting for your return to the ring.
              CB7TUNER.com
              Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                Hmmmm.....when did you do you Ring laps?

I was there on Sep. 7th. It is very chaotic during open lap time, but it is a great experience.
                No way! Looks like we just missed each other! First evening of ring laps was 13th. Then i was there til 16th. Yeah at 5.15pm the surrounding area and the carparks either side of the barriers gets pretty busy! I wait 15mins for the first batch to process though then its not too bad traffic wise.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                  That crossover is very very pronounced. You were right about that intake upgrade.
                  Yep i i hope not to change that. Only reason i fall out of vtec is becuase im not driving properly.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

This is golden Marcus, we don't see too much material like this for the CB Accord these days! Thumbs up on the driving, good combo of pushing it and responsable driving. That engine and gearbox combo seems really healthy and agile, gotta love the U2Q7 transmission along the H22

Euro CB7 2.2i [F22A3] --> [H22A7]

Comment

Very awesome! Didn't think I would get to see a Cb7 out lapping the one of the most famous tracks in the world. The car looked very composed around the ring, any brake fade issues? I know you said you weren't hitting it too hard since you don't know the track too well.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by lindiz View Post
                        This is golden Marcus, we don't see too much material like this for the CB Accord these days! Thumbs up on the driving, good combo of pushing it and responsable driving. That engine and gearbox combo seems really healthy and agile, gotta love the U2Q7 transmission along the H22
                        Thanks Robert! I really wish more cbs would hit the track. People think they are too heavy etc. Not really most german metal isnt under 1400kg. So actually its quite light.
                        Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 09-21-2016, 03:23 PM.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                          Very awesome! Didn't think I would get to see a Cb7 out lapping the one of the most famous tracks in the world. The car looked very composed around the ring, any brake fade issues? I know you said you weren't hitting it too hard since you don't know the track too well.

I had brake fade last time here. Good pads, fluid and cooling ducts are enough to keep that at bay. I wasnt hammering it brake wise as i needed to drive the car back to the UK with the same brakes.

My car isnt that modified, and i can use it reasonable well on track. I hope that inspires people on here that actually you dont need to blow lots of money to enjoy using a cb on track. Just a well maintained car with a few key upgrades.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Well, not updated much for a long while, main reason is that my quick system for wacking photos up on forums got changed and so I didnt bother. Now I have sorted a quick system out again, I can keep this updated again.

So let start with whats happened to the car mod wise since.

Some poly bushes.

Dont ask why 1 lot are red and the other black looong story!

My polly filled front mount called it a day after the road trip to the Ring in September, so I bought this one off Lindiz.

Hardrace rear lower and toe arms.

Then this odd thing happened about 2 months ago?!

That is the out ring of the crank pulley parting ways with the inner ring. I heard this noise, it was eating away at my timing cover, about to spit off the alternator belt, so I shut down the engine, which luckily I was in my drive. Anyway a new H22A7 Honda pulley has replaced it, along with a new woodruff key so hopefully it wont happen again.

And finally, since it was Winter I thought it would be best to do a full OEM leather install Just some teaser pics for now, but 90% complete, front and rear seats and 4 doorcards. Feels much better inside now. Only negative is the full electric drivers seat at full low, sits slightly higher than my old seat but its no big deal.

So the exhaust started to drone quite a bit after a while, 120hz the main offender. between 2500-4100, with the worst 3300rpm. So without making it quieter across all RPMs I needed a rpm specific reduction in resonance. welding this J pipe on has done just that. Some medium maths allows you to get the right length to cancel out the 120hz at 3300rpm. It hasnt competely got rid of the full range, in that 2500 and 4000 still drone. but all of the 3000 range is noticabley quieter which for me with the U2Q7 is 60-70mph, cruising speeds..

Playing about with headlight polarised film on my bumper lights. My bumper lights are not indicators, I have wired them up as seperate white LED lights. Rolling like this for now, see if I like it. Still in 2 minds.

Finally, I will leave you with, spot the CB. Parked up with the big boys last weekend at the Silverstone 24hr race.
                            Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 04-04-2017, 11:13 AM.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

2 updates,

1st is the wagon rear boot floor mod. Wasnt planned this, but I had a load of wagon parts laying around and i thought this would be worth installing. Makes the rear boot slightly shallower but much more secure, so no rattles or bowing thin wood.

2nd is the exhaust system again. I got a Xforce Varex remote controlled active exhaust rear silencer. Great piece of kit. If you are unaware of it, it is has a valve in it which blockes the flow, and diverts it through a more silenced route. This valve is controlled by a remote control in the car. This means you can have it loud when you want and quiet when you want. Which is mega!

Trouble is my power flow resonator struggled which the varex rear box, and it was too loud and slightly raspy in open mode, and buzzed in closed mode. This was annoying since the Varex is a quality piece of kit. So the solution was to install another resonator. I grabbed a 16" Simons Slim resonator 2.5", which features a straight though offset perf tub section, and has a mini section at the end acting like a chamber. This sorted all issues out, no rasp at all, or buzzes!

Will get some video clips up soon.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

I'd love to see and hear how that remote control exhaust silencer works! I'd love to do that to my car.
                                I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Working...
                                X