Would you whore out our car???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you whore out our car???

Through the years of working at a custom shop, I made a lot of connection. One was the area promotional rep for monster energy. I've been in contact with the possibility of having my cb9 wrapped and basically let them have free run use of it. From my understanding I would have to do all up keep, and repairs on the car. The up side is I would get into all sponsored events and it pays. The only issue is daily, I live in a small town, but I am central to major city's (myrtle, charolette,charleston, Columbia and Greenville sc. Augusta, Atlanta and savanna ga are about 5 hours away. The cb9 isn't my only transportation, so it is expendable, and since it's already loaded with a system, I might be able to double up a audio sponsorship on top of it. And of course it would probally boost the outlook of me opening my own shop.....and yes it pays weekly

Would you whore your ride out if the chance came up?

everything sounds good except the part where they drive it and you do upkeep..lol. um no.

around here redbull and some other vinyl ad places pay you to drive around (verified mileage) but your car has to be newer and say like a humvee a shoe in, size.. etc. and you paid like a deposit on the vinyl 100 bucks or so.

if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

Comment

nobody drives my car.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I would drive it...or have someone drive it. Free run means I would have to have the car at places at times, like senior week or bike week in myrtle beach, or drive around the South Carolina home games....stuff like that

The paint on the cb9 is shot, I didn't tell them that, but honestly if they wrap it for free.....I'll drive it for free

Comment

Id at least look into and get more details. Seems like a decent deal. How long do you have to keep the wrap?

Comment

As long as they pay. My daily location is the big hold up. They want more exposure. So the local rep asked about wrapping it, and only payment for events, like if i went to the beach for senior week or one of the rally's.

Comment

Nope. First of all, I'm not into that type of thing, so immediately the whole idea is a write off.

Comment

Depends on the fine print of "upkeep". If they crash it/break it do they pay for it?

Comment

I would have possession of the car all the time. The way it normally works is they wrap the car, you drive so many miles a week, and they cut you a check. The issue comming up with me is that I live in a small town. So the daily exposure isn't there for them. But me being central to so many locations I guess has their intrest, or at least the area marketing reps intrest.

One guy I talked to in charollette has his f-250 wrapped...he drives 200 miles a day,5 days a week....for $500/week

Comment

So the F250 guy drives 1000 miles a week, for $500. At 12 mpg and 3.50 a gallon, thats $290 in gas, leaving you with $200 for upkeep and your time. So less than $150 in profit. SCAM. You'll make more money working part time in retail.

You, having a shop to run and not being located in the ideal marketing area....better just to keep doing what you're doing.
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

I like how a 12mpg f250 was compared to a 22+mpg honda there.....

Not to mention we have owned a 2006 f250 , 19-21mpg hwy. 2mpg anything else..... lol

Comment

Oh, and I would say YES considering you drive your own car , they wrap it for free , and you get PAID. easy as balls job..... I don't make 500$ a week doing dishes thats' for sure.

Comment

You don't just drive around like a rolling billboard. You also gotta go to events and other places and sell the stuff to people. They call it "promoting" you're really just pitching the stuff. If you got nothing else, great. But if you're a good salesperson, you could go anywhere else and make double the money without investing your cash.

Ask a new car salesperson what they make, a good one will make 80 - 100k a year. $500 a week is 26,000, before taxes. Now take your fuel and upkeep expenses out.

So, in a Honda getting 25 mpg, 200 miles a day would cost you $25 in fuel. Doesn't seem like a lot. Times that by 5 days in a row, thats $125. Plus you're doing an oil change every month. Then tires more often since you're driving 1k+ miles a month. Don't forget the income tax, Uncle Sam wants his cut of your money and he's gonna get it. Thats $75 out of your $500 before you even get it. SO with fuel and taxes we are down to $300 to cover your time and effort. A week. Thats $1200 a month. You're telling me that's more than a retail job?

Comment

You gotta be careful with these "great job offers" that want you to use your own car. They are required to pay so much per mile by Uncle Sam for you to use your car for company use. Well, if they hire you as a contractor, ie you are not an employee of Monster, rather you are an independent entity; all bets are off. You just get a straight check cut to you every week, and you gotta cover your own operating expenses. Health insurance, taxes, business expenses; are all covered out of that little check.

Comment

I'd keep my full time job, this would be extra, and right now it's not looking like it's going to happen. I live in too small a town. My last hope is a free wrap and a pay for event type deal

Comment

Working...
                              X