Would you whore out our car???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
    Thats $1200 a month. You're telling me that's more than a retail job?
    Look at mr rich guy here complaining about 1200$ a month. "Oh booo hooo 1200$ a month woe is me. How will I ever be able to wipe my ass with golden toilet paper?"

Comment

Originally posted by emosun View Post
      Look at mr rich guy here complaining about 1200$ a month. "Oh booo hooo 1200$ a month woe is me. How will I ever be able to wipe my ass with golden toilet paper?"
      That's $300 a week, I couldn't pay the bills with that

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
        You gotta be careful with these "great job offers" that want you to use your own car. They are required to pay so much per mile by Uncle Sam for you to use your car for company use. Well, if they hire you as a contractor, ie you are not an employee of Monster, rather you are an independent entity; all bets are off. You just get a straight check cut to you every week, and you gotta cover your own operating expenses. Health insurance, taxes, business expenses; are all covered out of that little check.
        W8's scared me away from the independant contractor notion.
        all that extra work and shit when Im busy already..I like employer/employee
        financial relationships better.

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
          That's $300 a week, I couldn't pay the bills with that
          15% of americans do.

Comment

Originally posted by emosun View Post
            15% of americans do.
            Iam very thankful that Iam not one of them. I guess. Like the saying goes, more money, more problems. It takes around $60k a year ( bring home) for us to be comfortable .

Comment

$1200 was only eliminating the taxes and fuel cost. Not upkeep on your vehicle, which I think might lead to a fair comparison to other jobs considering you'd have to use your vehicle to get to them.

So break it down:

Full time job, 40 hours a week. Assuming your take-home is $1200 a month, thats $300 a week. 300/40 is $7.50 an hour. Damn thats just above minimum wage. If you are a high school grad and making minimum wage, youre doing something wrong. And if you think you are only worth that much, thats all you'll ever get paid. I understand taking what you can get, but minimum wage doesn't cut it unless your living in a cardboard box.
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
              X