putting in alot of work man
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
      putting in alot of work man
      Always! And things may pick up again this summer. Don't worry, i still stop in to your MRT all the time, i just don't post unless you got something good in there :P Like those seats you got, too bad they don't match

Comment

Finally got around to installing the black ebay door handles. OMFG, do not buy these on ebay! The drivers side door lock screw holes were in the wrong spot, and each handle had to be modified to lock in place. PITA, but they are in, looks good.

Last edited by Raf99; 07-08-2017, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Well. I was told it was hard to swap synchros on the MS/CS. Umm... this was easy. Only need to "persuade" one of the gears off.

Old vs. new. (although these aren't the syncros in the car now, these came with the transmission)

Ta-Da!

Next....MS...

I have to double check this step. I think I may have messed this up. This is to say "which way is the shift fork collar allowed to slide off the syncroniz
          er and which way does the assembly go on.

Anywyas, all done. Going to tripple check things, order a bearing kit and get this thing installed.
          Last edited by Raf99; 07-08-2017, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            Well. I was told it was hard to swap synchros on the MS/CS. Umm... this was easy. Only need to "persuade" one of the gears off.

Old vs. new. (although these aren't the syncros in the car now, these came with the transmission)

Ta-Da!

Next....MS...

I have to double check this step. I think I may have messed this up. This is to say "which way is the shift fork collar allowed to slide off the syncroniz
            er and which way does the assembly go on.

Anywyas, all done. Going to tripple check things, order a bearing kit and get this thing installed.
            This scares me haha.
            I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
              This scares me haha.
              lol.

So... i also started this again. Try # ..3 . ? lol
              Last edited by Raf99; 07-08-2017, 09:40 PM.

Comment

lol.

So... i also started this again. Try # ..3 . ? lol
                Do you have a "Longboard" sander thing?
                I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Do you have a "Longboard" sander thing?
                  Ya, that's my problem. When I tried this the first time I thought "I'll just add filler and use a flat item to smooth it out using the edges of the spoiler as a guide." Nope, as the edges are a "wave" too. So I watched some videos and learned to hand feel out the low and high spots, fill in accordingly.

Now time to mess it up by sanding :P

Comment

Last edited by Raf99; 07-08-2017, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I like learning. Think i got this one. Learned from tv shows and youtube that you simply have to do a combination of sanding (hand/block/etc.) for this material. The layer of filler should be air free and smooth for less sanding and less fill later on. I hand felt the high spots, circled and penciled in the low spots. Sand, fill again... repeat until perfect.

But even dimples like these you can see when done. So i will have to fill again and sand again.

Last edited by Raf99; 07-08-2017, 09:42 PM.

Comment

I like learning. Think i got this one. Learned from tv shows and youtube that you simply have to do a combination of sanding (hand/block/etc.) for this material. The layer of filler should be air free and smooth for less sanding and less fill later on. I hand felt the high spots, circled and penciled in the low spots. Sand, fill again... repeat until perfect.

But even dimples like these you can see when done. So i will have to fill again and sand again.

Are you using a "Guidecoat"? I heard that was useful for finding high and low spots.
                        Then use filler putty to fill in small pinholes and stuff

Looking good!
                        I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Thanks, now i know there is a term for what i was doing. Guidecoating.
                          I watched some videos and I was doing it right. Amazing how much sanding it takes to remove the guidecoat or pencil marks. Goes to show how much work is required by hand and why people use power sanders. I get the 3M thing but i just used spray paint or a pencil.

Comment

Thanks, now i know there is a term for what i was doing. Guidecoating.
                            I watched some videos and I was doing it right. Amazing how much sanding it takes to remove the guidecoat or pencil marks. Goes to show how much work is required by hand and why people use power sanders. I get the 3M thing but i just used spray paint or a pencil.
                            Are you doing 80 grit?
                            I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Are you doing 80 grit?
                              Started with 100 grit. Tried priming it today outside but it was too cold outside.
                              Last edited by Raf99; 07-08-2017, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Started with 100 grit. Tried priming it today outside but it was too cold outside.
                                Be careful with humidity as well... I had primer peeling off because it didn't dry completely in the humid weather we had last week.
                                I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Working...
                                X