Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what will i need to remove the a/c and cruise control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what will i need to remove the a/c and cruise control?

Alright so I wanna remove the a/c an cruise control but I wanna start with the a/c first but I would like to know what tools to use and if I'm gonna need any special tool befor I start same goes for cruise control. Would love the help from you guys, no homo

before you can remove the a/c and its belt you will need to remove the power steering and its belt,because it will be the way..you will need sizes.

-10mm combo.wrench
    -12mm combo.wrench
    -10mm socket
    -12mm socket
    -an extension for your sockets
    -3/8 socket wrench
    -pry bar
    -maybe a trouble light just so you can see what you are doing.

for c/c,it'll be best if you disconnect the c/c cable that is hook up to your gas pedal.after that its pretty simple stuff,all you got to do is look for bolts and vacuum tubes that connects to the c/c.oh and dont forget to clog vacuum ports that you removed from the c/c.

Comment

Why are you removing the AC unit? Are you looking for more power?

Comment

Youll also need a non-A/C belt. Gates #K050375 / 5PK956 17mm x 970mm

Comment

Thanks guys! @tabaccord. Yea and my a/c doesn't work and I live in Seattle known for rain not sunny lol

Comment

Originally posted by WestSeattle View Post
            Thanks guys! @tabaccord. Yea and my a/c doesn't work and I live in Seattle known for rain not sunny lol
            See but I love having my A/C here in Seattle. Think, when it is pouring and you get into your car and your windows fog up, I just turn on the A/C and all the fog goes away, the alternative is to wait for the heat to warm it up. The A/C works way faster.

Plus our 2 days in the summer when it breaks 90......... ya I still do not turn on my A/C.
            "There is nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation cannot prolong."

Comment

BTW lol Ima cut the belt on the a/c lol save time

Comment

Why is this funny? I did it when I was removing my engine and I didn't laugh. I just cut it.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Once you cut them, disconnect them at the fire wall for a nice clean look.

Now that i think about it the threads on the A/C lines at the fire wall are pretty close to a plastic pop bottle cap. You should try to put a cap over them to cover them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                    Why is this funny? I did it when I was removing my engine and I didn't laugh. I just cut it.
                    He is imagining getting sprayed in the face with the Freon that is left in his lines.

Comment

What belts do you have that have freon in them? Is that some exotic method of cooling the pulleys?
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                        What belts do you have that have freon in them? Is that some exotic method of cooling the pulleys?
                        Yep misread that one. I was thinking the AC lines. 11 straight hours at work.... Good indicator it is time to go home.

Comment

OP will regret getting rid of A/C. take it from someone who has been there and done that. it might not be this month, or the summertime, or even anytime this year, but i guarantee that one day you will regret it.

take off the belt and leave it at that. you'll thank yourself later when you try to sell the car.

IB4 i dont plan on ever selling this car!

Comment

Working...
                          X