Pics Of My 93 Civic Coupe (EJ1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 91accord4door
    lol, alright heres my experiances with a dohc vtec motor (h22) and my sohc vtec motor (d16z6), now the sohc vtec motor (d16) is more for economy and gas mileage, but yes i can feel it kick in and it also gets crazy loud when it kicks in..... even ask granite cb7...he drove my car this weekend and loved it, and loved how it sounds. i personally love how it sounds when vtec engages, and it pulls nice all the way to 7,200 rpm.... , and a few years back i drove a buddies h22 accord (phempa) hes a member here and his dohc vtec engine (h22) was just insane. it pulled a lot harder and was a lot louder when it hit vtec......but thats becuase of the dual cams......dohc engines bring more power, more power = more noise. but to answer your question.....yes i can feel it and here it very much so. vtec engages pretty hard on this d16 but its fun. hope that helps. i would much rather have a dohc vtec engine rather than a sohc vtec engine, but on the same note i would much rather have a sohc vtec engine than a sohc non vtec engine.
    bleh, your description makes me wants to kick my self in the nuts for not going h22 instead of the f22b dohc...

ILBB
    People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
    The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
      bleh, your description makes me wants to kick my self in the nuts for not going h22 instead of the f22b dohc...

ILBB
      yea the h22 is just a great stock all motor beast for the cb7 and the eg. well worth the $$.

Comment

TTT

dan did u like driving my car?.....yours was a blast. i told you the civic handled great.
        I had an absolute blast, that's the first lowered vehicle I've ever driven! I really liked the fact that your EJ has no body roll and I think it rides pretty nice. It has the feel of a racecar, kinda Thanks!

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212
        still looking good man i love those red clear tails and the clean engine bay i wanna make my car like granites cb7 its clean
        Yeah, I agree, great bay and the tails Thanks alot HondaGuy!

Keep it up Billy! If you're going to just drop in an H22, how long down the road will that happen? Are you still doing the tranny swap in the spring? Which trans. will you use for the time being before you swap in the H?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
          TTT

I had an absolute blast, that's the first lowered vehicle I've ever driven! I really liked the fact that your EJ has no body roll and I think it rides pretty nice. It has the feel of a racecar, kinda Thanks!

Yeah, I agree, great bay and the tails Thanks alot HondaGuy!

Keep it up Billy! If you're going to just drop in an H22, how long down the road will that happen? Are you still doing the tranny swap in the spring? Which trans. will you use for the time being before you swap in the H?

Dan
          yea ill be doing the 5 speed swap again. the h22 wouldnt happen for awhile. until i get my new job and settled into my new school. so yea once i find a good 5 speed ill rebuild that over winter and redo the 5 speed swap first thing in the spring.

Comment

yea ill be doing the 5 speed swap again. the h22 wouldnt happen for awhile. until i get my new job and settled into my new school. so yea once i find a good 5 speed ill rebuild that over winter and redo the 5 speed swap first thing in the spring.
            Gotcha So what good trans will you go w/? Just a basic D series or what?

Comment

Gotcha So what good trans will you go w/? Just a basic D series or what?
              yea it'll be a 92-97 ex/si trans. just gotta find one.the 96+ trans are stronger though.

Comment

i wish the b series 5 speed trans was interchangable with the d series engine. ah well that wont set me back.

Comment

just finished my diy oil catch can today. had the setup i did today on my accord and was very pleased.

Comment

I was watchin Horspower tv today and they had their Honda Civic that they tricked out it has a bodykit that looked ricey they had put on the most riced out altezzas and to make it even worse they added a big spoiler aka park bench
                    i think yours looks better cause its not decked out with rice and is much cleaner and it doesnt have altezzas.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212
                      I was watchin Horspower tv today and they had their Honda Civic that they tricked out it has a bodykit that looked ricey they had put on the most riced out altezzas and to make it even worse they added a big spoiler aka park bench
                      i think yours looks better cause its not decked out with rice and is much cleaner and it doesnt have altezzas.
                      thanks man, yea most of the shows like that fuck up imports. i appreciate the nice comments on the car. i think cleaner is always better. when a car has to much going on it takes away from the car itself.thanks.

Comment

couple goodies cooming soon.......lets just say its a few nice surprises. .........*cough...cough....nice power adders.

Comment

Im liking the progress alot man. I currently viewed Mugens Aero kits for the 96-98 Sedan..and me likey lots.

Peep the sig
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                            Im liking the progress alot man. I currently viewed Mugens Aero kits for the 96-98 Sedan..and me likey lots.

Peep the sig
                            man thats sick. im loving the mugen aero kit. and thanks for the props henry....appreciated.

Comment

Yeah, power adders Have you told me all of them or no? Been doing some plowing too? Looking good as always Billy, can't wait to see your catch can, I'm sure it's great!

Dan

Comment

Yeah, power adders Have you told me all of them or no? Been doing some plowing too? Looking good as always Billy, can't wait to see your catch can, I'm sure it's great!

Dan
                                i havent told you any of them.....but you do know how ill pay for some of them........winnings.

Comment

Working...
                                X