Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

OE flushmount questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OE flushmount questions

I bought a flushmount yesterday. It's not a Fiberglass knockoff. Its the rubber OE type and seems to be unpainted.
    My question is: are the originals all rubber coated in black? It looks to be white material under a black thin rubbery coating. Idk if I need to remove the black coating before painting it? It has some small bubbles in the coating in one spot and it's come off a little in the corners.
    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Never mind. I figured it out. It's just how the crappy coat of paint or primer on it peels off. Here it is as I bought it.

And here it is with some of it peeled off. It comes off easy and the surface is a smoth white rubbery casting.

I think I'll clean it up real good after I peel everything off and give it a coat of plastic primer then shoot some Granada Black on it. Can't wait to get this thing attached to the CB.

~Mark~

Comment

Looks good! I found mine had some waves/dips in it once I painted it. I really never did get it perfect but I'm sure a real body shop could.

Comment

I got the lip all cleaned up then I drilled the dimples each a little on the tight side to get the feel for the fitment. Here it is test mounted

It fits very nicely. Can't beat the Oem stuff. I'll paint it tomorrow and finish off the install

~Mark~

Comment

Hey Raf99 I looked up yours and it looks way nice all matched up and painted. Great job on the color too. There is no better piece for the back of these cars than the flushmount lol

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
            Hey Raf99 I looked up yours and it looks way nice all matched up and painted. Great job on the color too. There is no better piece for the back of these cars than the flushmount lol
            Thanks. You can do the same. Looks good from far away but with mine once painted the dimples showed. I tried 3 times now and just can't get it perfect. And I thought I could just use a straight edge with body filler and run it down the length but nope, the edges are dimpled too. Or there are dips in the middle. So it takes a good body shop guy to get it level by eye and a lot of patience. These are not OEM btw.

Comment

Is yours fiberglass or the original rubber type? Mine is rubber. Mine has some light chipping at one end on the edge that sits over the top of the trunk. I can live with it. My cars paint and body are by no means perfect either. There was flat black paint on it before now let's see how a more glossy black looks lol.

~Mark~

Comment

Ok so I got it painted and cleared today. It's got its flaws and I failed to remember that my car was repainted at one time, very shittily I might add, and not exactly in Granada black. I'm not totally sure but maybe Granada has a little gold pearl in it? Anyways it's a good match but not perfect. I mounted it about an hour ago. It's definitely a bomb addition to a black coupe. I love the look of these flushmounts. Here it is:

~Mark~

Comment

Looks really good, did you pick it up locally or online?

Comment

Looks really good! Subtle!

Comment

I bought a carb legal AEM intake. (California ya know) Decent shape and the flushmount for $180. It was a long drive in to Los Angeles after work but well worth it. Original flushmounts don't come up for sale much anymore. I've never seen one at a pap. Here it is this morning at my work in a lil better light:

~Mark~

Comment

Looks good, This is why I sold my OEM Flush Mount and bought a Replica.

The replica looks exactly the same and the paint is flawless.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

i just molded an acura vigor flush mount on mine , its is foam under neather the rubber out side i had to cut mine down to fit
                          No marathon gets easier later. ...

Comment

i cut n molded a acura vigor one to fit ! yours looks really good by the way
                            No marathon gets easier later. ...

Comment

Originally posted by jamin_jacob View Post

i cut n molded a acura vigor one to fit ! yours looks really good by the way
                              Damn looks good.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Working...
                              X