Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

wheel and tire size dilemma. stuck need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've come across a nice set of 7 spoke OEM alloys.
    I believe there ex wheels. This is a labor of love. For
    A daily driver that has been very reliable and it is now,
    Time to return the favor. By no means a racer. Going
    For a clean classic look. With a lil attitude. She's grown
    On me and I find myself here all the time finding new ideas,
    To keep her rolling another 200 k. Thanks for all the advice
    Will post her up soon .....

Comment

Originally posted by tre3eve77 View Post
      First off thanks to the cb7tuner.com family,
      For being so educative & informational.
      This is my 1st cb and I love her ...
      I'm replacing the o.e.steelies &
      Will be doing a full suspension replacement,
      This weekend. Also a 2 in drop.
      What is the best wheel setup with no modifications?
      Thanks again.
      My only real advice to add...don't be a dummy like me and try to fit 20s under the car..you'll spend more on tires Ina year than you will on gas lol trust me. Don't judge me...I was 19 lol

Comment

What wheel and tire set up are you currently running?
        I'm going with 7 spoke OEM alloys.
        The biggest thing I'm lacking right now is time to
        Get everything done to her. Soon ... Soon ....

Comment

I'm running 225/40r18 on all four corners with a 2" drop, but I had to phone book the fenders.

Comment

Would I need to "phone book " the fenders, I'm installing
            OE alloys, also with a 2 in drop on all 4 corners
            Can u elaborate a little more on what u did to phone book
            The fenders. I'm just educating myself and this is the best school.
            Thanks again..

Comment

He meant he had to bend the inner portion of the fender back to clear his wheels. You will not have that issue with OE Honda wheels. You won't need to roll your fenders unless your wheels are too wide, or too low of an offset. In other words... wheels that don't fit.

Also, the wheels you seem to be getting are from a 5th generation Accord.

Comment

Deevergote nailed it. I got a super deal on the rims/tires, but I had to flare/roll the fenders a bit to keep the outside top lip of the fender from hitting the outer sidewall when the suspension compresses. The body on this one is pretty rough, so I didn't think twice about it. If I had a nice original body I would probably stick with OEM alloys.

To make these fit I mounted the tires, stuck a wooden baseball bat between the tire and the fender, then let the jack down until there was some pressure. Rolled the bat back and forth to bend the inner lip of the fender up. These are camber corrected and aligned and after the roll have zero rub, even at full left/right steering (stop to stop). Of course, there isn't much left of my rear fender wells...

And this is the same car, same suspension, wearing the 14" steelies with oem covers:

Last edited by irelandmc; 06-13-2015, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Theres alot of threads in the main suspensions forum about this.

go read this: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318

and this :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=36678

and one more: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206779
                  sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Info need

I have a 92 accord lx 2dr with TruHart lowering springs and struts which dropped it 2" all around. I'm rolling on the stock wheels because I cant figure out what size wheel is best suited for my car. its daily driven with about 70 miles roundtrip. So I was thinking 15x7 with a +25mm offset and running 195 50r 15 tires do you guys foresee any issues with that setup?

Comment

Originally posted by jt.stone View Post
                      I have a 92 accord lx 2dr with TruHart lowering springs and struts which dropped it 2" all around. I'm rolling on the stock wheels because I cant figure out what size wheel is best suited for my car. its daily driven with about 70 miles roundtrip. So I was thinking 15x7 with a +25mm offset and running 195 50r 15 tires do you guys foresee any issues with that setup?
                      This is why i created the offset thread. See my signature folks.

Comment

Working...
                      X