CB7 makes it on iamtaiboogie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 makes it on iamtaiboogie

I don't condone street racing, but I do watch the channels that cover the street scene in NJ and NY, like nyce1s and iamtaiboogie. It was neat to see a N20 H series CB7 get some camera time. The car put on a good show, and that could be good for us. Anyone know who that is?

There also debating in the comments as to the engine, whether it is H or F. It revs and has the VTEC sound of an H22/23 to me.
    Last edited by af_1132; 06-09-2017, 05:01 PM.
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Definitely a H, and i'm guessing he civic had one too. Not really a fair race though, but i guess it depends on the mods.

Comment

The EG is k20 swapped and I'm sure it's waaaay lighter. Still, he only won by 2 cars with a decent launch, and the CB7 driver dumped the clutch. I bet most people starting to watch this thought it would not be nearly that close.

MRT
      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

I made the mistake of reading the comments. Never read the comments.

It's interesting that they had an EMT on hand for a street race. This stuff still makes me angry, though. You can see oncoming traffic toward the end of the video, so there are clearly uninvolved people around. The "racetrack" curved to the right, meaning if a car lost control, they'd go barreling into oncoming traffic. Having lived and worked in NJ my entire life, and much of my work being behind the wheel of a Honda (often my modified CB7) it makes things annoying. If you have an old import, cops automatically think you're a street racer. I once got pulled over because of some other idiot's exhaust. The cop laughed when he saw me (27 at the time... looked 35.) Still, I got stopped because my car looked the part. Because of other asshats that don't respect the law.

New Jersey has TWO quality drag strips that are open 7 days a week for most of the year. One of them is about an hour from NYC. The other is about an hour from Philly (another big street racing city.) Safe, legal, and you don't have to light the ground on fire and have your homies hold your car just to do a burnout.

Sorry for the rant. I resisted... but ultimately, street racing annoys the living crap out of me. Especially when it's in my state. These are my roads. My friends. My family. My life. And at the very least, it negatively effects my hobby.

Comment

That spot has been the premier spot for street racing in that area for the last four years, and I am still not sure why, considering the curved nature of that section of the highway.

When I see street races getting set up as I drive by, I always call it in for the same reasons you shared. People can get down and grudge race much more successfully at the strip. I believe the rush of being naughty (what I call the "naughty factor") plays a huge part in why street racing culture is so big.

MRT
          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Yeah, I agree with that. The risk factor, and the "outlaw" factor of street racing is a huge appeal, I think. People hear drag strip and they tend to think pros and rednecks. They hear street racing, and they think the Fast and the Furious. I'll admit, I've felt that draw... and in some ways, I find the whole thing appealing. But once reality sets in, and once you've seen the grisly results of street racing gone wrong... it fades fast. I want to be a street racer about as bad as I want to be a ninja. It's awesome in movies, but in real life... not quite so cool once reality slaps you in the face!

Did it ever say in the videos where the races occur? I didn't recognize the area (which is odd, because my work area covered 90% of North Jersey... I've been on practically every road up there!) Unless it's in NY. I don't know much outside of Jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              If you have an old import, cops automatically think you're a street racer. [...] I got stopped because my car looked the part. Because of other asshats that don't respect the law.
              This is why I moved out of a city I'd been in for about twelve years that had weekend cruising that included a LOT of street racing on the main strip. My RSX looks basically the same now as in my last year there, and I was constantly getting followed (they were obviously going out of their way to get behind me) and not pulled over, or pulled over and not ticketed. For the most part, I drive perfectly within the law. I'm not going to be screwing around in areas with any sort of vehicle or pedestrian traffic. But my car looks like I'd be street racing, so I got harassed for it. I finally had enough and left. Every once in a long while I'll get a lasting glance, but for the most part the cops in my new town don't seem to pay too much attention to me.

I understand your anger, and it's fully justified. Too many idiots ruin this hobby for the rest of us.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

The racing these guys are doing is pretty fuggin reckless and childish but I'd be a liar if I said I didn't enjoy highway pulls with no traffic around. Even on the highway some guys seem to have a death wish though, weaving through traffic like assholes.

No racing bikes at all. I don't give a damn if my car can potentially beat a bike, keep your squid ass a hundred yards away from me I don't want to run you over when you hit a pot hole at 175.

Comment

I like how the guy who lit the flames almost lit himself on fire too lmao

Comment

Working...
                  X