Wanted to say thanks to CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted to say thanks to CB7

After nine months of working on this car mostly on weekends it is running like a top now. I couldn't of done it without cb7 help. I did finally fixed my gas mileage problem it seems. Broken pcv purge valve and cleaning the map sensor(not sure which one made my astonishing increase in mpg). I still have a few more things to do like rear control arms but am mostly done on the mechanic side of this car. It has no rust on it so i can't wait to paint it. Thanks again cb7. I was curious as if i can make postings about bartering my skills for future work on my car(like a paint job).

Your Welcome. So do you own a manual for the car yet ? Haynes, etc. If not... you should get one. Great read!
    Last edited by Raf99; 07-11-2017, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Your Welcome. So do you own a manual for the car yet ? Haynes, etc. If not... you should get one. Great read!
      I own a haynes and chilton but they are not always right and each book is detailed in some ways but not in others. I also got a variety of honda service manuals that covers this in more detail than the chilton or haynes but better to ask and get opinions on things. Books don't answer questions. This site been a great help. Am amazed how well it runs, just sad how much money i have spent on it.

Comment

Zed you need to remember though, even though you've spent a decent bit of money on your Accord. You don't have monthly payments and things are just getting more reliable over time on the car, as you fix everything up. Also you know more about your car now than most people will ever know in their entire lifetime. These skills alone will help you out later in life in ways you can't imagine or foresee yet, and most likely will save you money in the long run over just buying a car and making payments on it for years to come.
        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Glad we could be of help! This forum has slowed down a great deal over the last few years, but I feel the quality of the information is better and more consistent than ever. The folks here look out for one another, and there are quite a few people here with a heck of a lot of information to share.

Comment

This is a great site. I would also like to say thanks as I did not respond to any of your threads but still learned. The other more informative members had your questions covered sufficiently all the time. I realized if I where ever to clean my egr ports I would just pull the intake. Learned that from you sorta.
            ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Every new thread on this forum that gets helpful responses ends up being a useful resource for someone else in the future. People asking questions are in many ways just as helpful as those answering them!

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                Zed you need to remember though, even though you've spent a decent bit of money on your Accord. You don't have monthly payments and things are just getting more reliable over time on the car, as you fix everything up. Also you know more about your car now than most people will ever know in their entire lifetime. These skills alone will help you out later in life in ways you can't imagine or foresee yet, and most likely will save you money in the long run over just buying a car and making payments on it for years to come.
                true that. That is what i tell my wife. If something acts up on this car i know what to check and how to fix it most of time. I have learned a ton about steering & suspension, air intake, gas intake, brakes , etc. And all specific to this car. This car is truly a Phoenix. 9 months ago wouldn't start and when it did it ran and drove like shit. I love the peppy engine now it is running so good. I have been to all other honda sites and you are so right. I might get alot of responses at other sites but more than half are like "why don't u fkn pull off the tranny and take a lookse", and some of those are from the moderators. I don't even bother going to other sites anymore and asking or looking. This is Class a site without a doubt. And because of that i try to follow up on my posts cause i know people look up posts and want to know the end solution. Other sites i would of never done that. Only because of that i even followed thru with this car soo much. I told my wife today "When we are old and i still have this car you will be glad of that money we spent". And i love old cars that look(still need paint job) and run perfect. "That Mercedes might be nice but would u want it when the end of the world comes and there are no mechanics to work on it twice a month".

Comment

The CB7 is also an absurdly well-made car. Interior materials are totally out of the car's class. Chassis design was fantastic for its age, and still quite decent by today's standards. I found the interior ergonomics to be superior to... well... any car I've ever driven.

These cars are common "beaters" these days, but a well maintained example is worth keeping around. I got a 2002 Accord SE in 2006, and I was highly disappointed by the lack of quality. My thoroughly beat 92 LX was a much nicer car in pretty much every regard.

Comment

Just went and bought a timing light and checked it. 60 degrees btdc. Now all my past problems make sense wiht this car. I don't think anything was ruined but not sure. Mechanic who did timing belt 9 months ago said he also set the timing. It seems i was lied to. How does timing go that bad that quick. Also don't the timing retard a little cause of wear anyways.I have only driven it about 1500 miles since. So thanks again and i think now or very soon i will have a 100% perfect mechanically working honda accord. I just hope my engine don't collapse now for being so advanced for that time frame.

Comment

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
                      I own a haynes and chilton but they are not always right and each book is detailed in some ways but not in others. I also got a variety of honda service manuals that covers this in more detail than the chilton or haynes but better to ask and get opinions on things. Books don't answer questions. This site been a great help. Am amazed how well it runs, just sad how much money i have spent on it.
                      add a Helms to your collection and you should be good

It's good that you got some major improvements in your mpg, never be afraid to ask (even a "stupid" question) after doing some research. Chances are either it's a fairly new angle on a question or the thread answering it is buried in the masses and someone will come by that knows which link to share with you if not the answer outright. I've been happy with my experience on this site and it seems you are too.

Comment

Working...
                      X