CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 07-10-2017, 05:10 PM   #561
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by apalileo View Post
stopped cold
Unintentional pun?
If you see any threads or posts of mine whose picture links are broken (there are a lot), please send me a link to the thread. I will gladly fix them. I don't see it as a fruitless burden. This site has helped give me quite a bit of my drive and passion for cars, and fixing my picture links is the least I can do to give back.
Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 05:32 PM   #562
apalileo
Gold Member

apalileo is cool... so far.
Good catch! Completely unintended.

apalileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:02 PM   #563
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
Quote:
Oh man my heart would have stopped cold if I saw that! Glad it was just that relief valve and not a cooling system component!

I wish I had some welding knowledge and equipment. That would have come in handy for my seat brackets (I got RSX seats recently and installed them this weekend BTW). I know you're a stickler for cleanliness, but sometimes function must prevail. I'm sure a little grinder action could remedy it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
Unintentional pun?
Quote:
Good catch! Completely unintended.
Lol I didn't even catch that. It was a good one indeed though Apalileo. I wasn't too worried about the A/C system as it's rather simple, but still only the relief valve was a bonus.

I already used the grinder, and I'm still not happy lol. I think I'm going to wrap them with some DEI insulating wrap, at least they will look uniform then and still function. It's always function over form for me, but that doesn't mean that I don't want it to look at least decent.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:30 AM   #564
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
After going for a drive on Monday night, I found I still had a small hole in one of the welds. Of course it was the only little lump I didn't grind down. Go figure. Anyway I hand filed it down, and found a small hole, and a small gap on one side of the weld. I took the header off and re-welded it up solid, and filed it back down. I didn't take it for a drive though as it was late, and I had a few other things to work on last night. Tonight I'll take her for a drive and see how the header looks afterwards.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:59 AM   #565
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
Went for a drive last night and it seems the header finally has 0 leaks. Now that this is accomplished I'm going to work on getting the wideband O2 installed into the car. Just from reading in jdm92_accorn's thread I've come to realize how much power can be lost on an NA engine with exhaust leaks.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:41 PM   #566
apalileo
Gold Member

Glad you found the source and were able to fix it. Did you notice any performance difference with the fixed header?

Old 07-15-2017, 04:02 PM   #567
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
Quote:
Glad you found the source and were able to fix it. Did you notice any performance difference with the fixed header?
Actually yes. Before I was having a bit of a backfire every once in a while. That was more related to the donut gasket though. Also triangular set of leaks between 3 pipes also seemed to cause a bit of an idle issue, where my idle would fluctuate for no apparent reason. All of this is now resolved. Also it feels like the bottom end is quite a bit better now, like when getting moving from a light. It's just seamless like it should be, before it just didn't feel like it should for an H22, not that I've driven any but this one.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #568
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
On Saturday I received a set of Techna-Fit brake lines in the mail from Fatboy1185. On Saturday night I started to install these. I started on the rear driver side. That is all that I got accomplished on Saturday night. Yesterday I was able to finish up the rear passenger side and the driver's front. Also I took the collars off the stock shocks on the other coupe. I installed one on the front driver's shock while working on the brake line. Tonight I need to do the same to the passenger side, while working on this though I need to disassemble the shock and fix one of the studs in the top hat. The ESP.net 3 point bar is a little close to the stud and it caused the nut to cross thread and back-out the stud a bit. I've already fixed this on the driver side. I have to do a touch of grinding on the bar to fix it on this side. No big deal as it's very little grinding and hopefully won't really be noticeable unless looking for it.

Last edited by Rilas; 07-17-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Rilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:27 PM   #569
apalileo
Gold Member

Techna-Fit lines are a definite plus! I definitely noticed the firmer pedal.

How is the feel of the RSX booster and BMC? The BMC a 7/8" bore, correct?

Old 07-17-2017, 04:01 PM   #570
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
Quote:
Techna-Fit lines are a definite plus! I definitely noticed the firmer pedal.

How is the feel of the RSX booster and BMC? The BMC a 7/8" bore, correct?
I can't comment on the feel totally. I mean it makes the brakes work, but something just felt wrong with the system as a whole. It didn't have air in the lines as the pedal got rock solid with the car off, no mushy feel at all. I mean it wasn't like I was scared to drive the car hard due to the brakes or something like that. Just with the same exact pads and rotors and calipers the stopping power just didn't seem to be the same. I'm hoping that swapping the lines out and bleeding the brakes again will fix this issue. I'm excited tonight, to at least go for a short drive around town to see how the brakes feel. I'll report back tonight, hell maybe just the feel of the brakes changed just due to swapping the BMC.

The RSX BMC is a 7/8" bore.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:21 PM   #571
apalileo
Gold Member

Maybe it's the BMC diameter? The Accord DX/LX are 15/16" and the EX is 1". From some research online, I found that the 05-06 RSX Type-S has a 15/16" BMC.

Last edited by apalileo; 07-17-2017 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:43 AM   #572
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
It could be, but it still doesn't feel right for losing only a 1/16". I mean I didn't feel any difference with the same brakes between a DX/LX, and the EX/SE BMC. Down the road I'll look into upgrading to the RSX-S BMC and see if that changes things.

I didn't get to test out the brakes last night. Hell I didn't even manage to swap out the last brake line. I did manage to get everything straightened out with the shock collar and the studs, with the ESP.net 3 point bar. Which leaves me with just swapping the brake line tonight. It doesn't help that I didn't get started until after 8:00 pm.
Old Yesterday, 11:35 PM   #573
GTRON
CB7tuner Member

GTRON is cool... so far.
You sure got some work ethic, sheesh. Working on your car every night after your day job.

^100 years old^
(but she runs a 100 meter dash, not a marathon! 26.2 miles would most likely kill her. -deev)

(I stand corrected )

GTRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:11 AM   #574
Rilas
CB7tuner Member

Rilas is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRON View Post
You sure got some work ethic, sheesh. Working on your car every night after your day job.
LOL! If you only knew. For the past 9 weeks I also have to come home make dinner for the family, clean up the house from whatever my little boy has destroyed, get whatever the GF needs because she has a double sprained ankle, take care of any other random house crap. Then I might get to work on my car, but even then it's usually not until my boy is in bed. Life has been a bit stressful lately to say the least. At least now the GF is able to start helping me do some stuff around the house again, but it's still pretty limited.

Small update I guess. I finished installing the Techna-Fit brake lines. Brake pedal feel is improved. Also my driver CL-S seat was sitting a bit crooked, this wasn't a bracket issue per say. The rear inner needed a few washers added to where the bracket bolted to the seat rail, this leveled the seat out correctly. On my last few drives the seat felt great, but something was still a little off I could tell because I was a little sore after the drive. Not something these seats should be inducing. After looking at it through the rear window you could see the lean to the middle of the car.

Also my ignition switch is just starting to go out. I'm going to steal the one from the other coupe for the time being. Once I buy a new one Lola will get it and the old one can go back to the other car. I have purchased a new driver side fender liner, to replace the one I ripped out at 110 mph. I'm also going to work on the steering column cover, to replace the one the ass hats destroyed when stealing old Lola.

While working on my shock this last time to put the OEM collar on the Bilstein shock, the ESP.net 3 point upper bar finished eating the threads on one of the bolts on the top hat. I've been cleaning them up when this happens, but I was torquing down the nut, and it just popped off. The threads are pretty much gone. I've fixed the ESP.net bar so this won't happen again. I contacted FFC about the bolts in the top hat, and they sent me 3 new bolts and nuts, at no charge to me. Pretty awesome customer service on their part. Once those arrive I'm going to get them swapped out.

Sometime during the next week I'm also going to get the Cheddas Auto rear top hats installed. They have been sitting on a shelf for almost 6 months at this point. Also today I'm going out to look at 2 parts cars, both are LX's but I'm trying to find an undamaged front sway bar. I want to see if the DX/LX front sway bar will decrease understeer. If it does I'm going to keep it on the car, so I might have that on in the next day or two as well.

I'm trying to wrap up all of this and a few other small things before next Saturday. As Lola and myself, are going to ZipTie Meet next Saturday. We are going with a few other Honda people I know, I'll take plenty of pictures of this to share with you guys. Also sorry about not having any pictures of stuff lately. I've just been so slammed with stuff here at home that, I just haven't remembered to grab the camera when I head out to the garage.

Also last random bit. The PLM Tri-Y Header officially has no more leaks in it anywhere! Also due to it not looking as pretty anymore I'm going to wrap it in DEI Titanium. Also that should hopefully give me a few HP back as to keep the under hood temps down a little bit.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: