Beer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    I just recently tried Leinenkugel's Grapefruit Shandy. Tastes like straight grapefruit juice. Quite good, if you like grapefruit! I've always liked their stuff. Sunset Wheat tastes like Fruity Pebbles in a bottle. They have some creative brews, which is interesting coming from such an old commercial brewery (though their major production and distribution is far more recent.) Especially since they're a SABMiller subsidiary.
    Granted, John Miller was one of the founders of the company back in 1867!

(yay wikipedia! )
    I drink that shit for breakfast!

I'm sorry but I keep LOL'ing at you guys talking about hoppy beer because all of my experiences outside of the NW have been crushed and saddened. Until you have a northwest style IPA, I am sorry but you are missing out. Sadly a lot of these breweries don't bottle so you have to come tour Oregon and Washington.

On another note, I just made an IPA today, now for the wait.

The Northwest made a beer snob.
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Oak Creek Brewery has many good beers (my favorite Hef ever), Prescott Brewing Company has a good Amber, and Mudshark Brewery has a few good ones.

Those are all AZ only local breweries though, although Mudshark has started distributing to an ever wider area (found their beer in a really odd place once, but can't remember where).

For the more name brand stuff, I tend to like Leinenkugel's stuff. I also some of Sam Adam's seasonal stuff.

I tend to gravitate toward Heffeweizens because I like the smooth and not ridiculously hoppy beer.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
        Oak Creek Brewery has many good beers (my favorite Hef ever), Prescott Brewing Company has a good Amber, and Mudshark Brewery has a few good ones.

Those are all AZ only local breweries though, although Mudshark has started distributing to an ever wider area (found their beer in a really odd place once, but can't remember where).

For the more name brand stuff, I tend to like Leinenkugel's stuff. I also some of Sam Adam's seasonal stuff.

I tend to gravitate toward Heffeweizens because I like the smooth and not ridiculously hoppy beer.
        You should try widmer heff, its from portland, OR. It should be available down here. Also a lot harder to find but berliner weiss 1809 is my fav all time.

H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
          You should try widmer heff, its from portland, OR. It should be available down here. Also a lot harder to find but berliner weiss 1809 is my fav all time.

I have had that one. It is definitely good. I know they have it in AZ. Not sure about TX, I haven't really looked recently.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

That was the first Hefeweizen I've ever seen. They actually had it on tap at my old Bennigan's back in 2003!

Comment

I had a Lucky Buddha the other day. The beer is forgettable. Like Heinekin after a trip through someone's kidneys... but the bottle is awesome!

Comment

^^^

Bottle is pretty neat.

Comment

I saw it and had to buy it. Only $2 for the bottle (everything Chinese is cheap!)
                  I plan on brewing something of my own to put in there. I'll most likely buy a few more

Comment

So I'm not the only one who buys a brew if it's in a cool bottle just to try it out.

Comment

Cool bottles, cool names, funky ingredients... I'm a sucker for "different"

I also just spent the last 15 minutes reading up on how to grow my own barley and hops. A 10x10 plot would yield between 5 and 15 pounds of barley, which is enough for a few gallons of beer (roughly 1.7lbs of grain is needed per gallon of beer.)

Comment

I actually bought that Golden Buddah beer just to make lights from the bottles. Tasted like a crappy Budweiser.

I just tried Terrerpins peach ale. Actually very good beer, it's seasonal so try it while you can.

Comment

I just tried Not your father's root beer this weekend at my dad's house. I was surprised the initial taste was exactly like root beer and then you taste the alcohol on the after taste. It actually wasn't bad at all. I probably wouldn't purchase it, simply because I don't care for root beer. But for all you root beer lovers, this is a must try. It has 5.5% alcohol.

~Nick~
                          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I have a 6 pack of that in my fridge right now! 5.9%. Their website says 10% though, which is weird.

I didn't taste the alcohol at all. Dangerous stuff. Very good root beer, honestly. Ignoring the fact that it has alcohol in it, it's a good root beer in its own right!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Dangerous stuff. Very good root beer, honestly. Ignoring the fact that it has alcohol in it, it's a good root beer in its own right!
                              I said the same thing when my dad and I were drinking it. I wish I enjoyed root beer because I would be all over that stuff it's like mike's hard lemonade for men lol
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

It's a shame it's not as cheap as Mike's! (I will admit to enjoying a Smirnoff Ice from time to time... though I usually just steal my girlfriend's...)

I need to make a root beer float using that stuff. That would be badass
                                I actually have some Yuengling ice cream in the freezer, too! (not beer flavored... root beer float flavored, actually... Yuengling also makes dairy products.)

Comment

Working...
                                X