Clear All

badass
    COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
      badass
      thanks man. Tryna get like you lol.

Comment

Something to consider... the A1/3/4 (i.e. non TSX K24s) can make great power, even without "real" VTEC

And you can swap a 6th gear into 5 speed boxes for a couple hundred bucks, as well as swap final drives and other gears. So you can save money there. Take that money and put it into bolt ons... you will get good value

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          I went to a shop owned by former Honda mechanics. Master techs. They said they did swaps before.
          A week into my h22 swap, they said they were clueless. I had to learn everything and teach them. In the end, it cost me $1,750 in labor to install my $2,400 h22a. This was in 2003, before cb7tuner. By the time my car was smashed last year, I still hadn't fixed all the idiotic shortcuts they took. h22sparkle knows my story. He got screwed the same time I did by a "professional" as well.
          My advice is this: even if you don't want to find a way to install the engine yourself, learn every detail as if you were going to. That way, you'll be able to tell if your mechanic knows what he's doing. No surprises 2 years later when you learn your transmission mount is held on by a single stud (personal experience there...)
          yup

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
            Something to consider... the A1/3/4 (i.e. non TSX K24s) can make great power, even without "real" VTEC

And you can swap a 6th gear into 5 speed boxes for a couple hundred bucks, as well as swap final drives and other gears. So you can save money there. Take that money and put it into bolt ons... you will get good value
            Yeah those motors make decent power without the true iVTEC but in order to achieve my goal of 280-300whp I'd more than likely have to run a VTEC killer setup and I drive my CB daily so that wouldn't be too ideal, lol.

I have the K20z3 head from the Civic SI and the K24a block from the JDM Accord. All internals will be upgraded (most I have already) so I bought them both bare.

Comment

interesting

Looking foward to see the progress good luck.
              a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
              out with the old and in with the new

Comment

Another update guys.. switched out the Skunk2 Ultra Cams for a set of Prayoonto Stage 4s, went to a 76mm TB, and switched from RBC IM to the Skunk2 Ultra Street. Head is being assembled currently.

Have the block ready to bored (it's actually the k24a2 block from the TSX, not the JDM Accord). Have the ACL bearings.. crank, K1 Lightweight Rods, and RS Machine 12.1:1 CR Pistons all on the way.

Also have the W2M5 5 speed tranny out of the 02-05 RSX Base ready to go. Probably will upgrade the clutch and flywheel though.

As far as accessories, I have the mounts, RSX engine harness (will have to send the CB harness to Hasport to plug into it), shifter cables, Karcepts fuel rail, 410cc RDX injectors. Still haven't decided what I'm going to do regarding heating and cooling (radiator, AC, etc).
                Last edited by mjsstanley; 07-06-2017, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Alright, this is crossing over into legendary territory. I think you're going to wish you had an LSD the​first time you go around a corner, though.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

300whp and no lsd...?

I used to dream about all motor k series builds. And then I found out how much cash it took to make 300whp...crushed my dreams

Contact vitviper on his website http://vittuned.com/ he's the master at k series and will give way better advice than what I just said. I recommend him tune it if possible. His si was making around 900hp last time I checked. Here's his epic build thread if you want to see his car https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...YyOXOhV7PVfG2g or one of his cars...
                    Last edited by kseriescivic; 03-14-2017, 07:49 AM.

Comment

JARRET Thanks man. I feel like I got lucky finding this particular CB so wanting to go all out with it. I thought the same thing about the LSD.. Still thinking about it actually. For the additional cost, I think I'll be able to live without it though. Never had LSD with my H22 either.

KSERIESCIVIC Lol it is definitely not cheap! I drew out and plan and I initially planned to take my time.. Excitement built up extremely quick so I started moving really fast. It is lots of money for sure. Build looks nice. If he wasn't 1,000 miles or so away from me I probably would lol.

Comment

Go with what you have for now. You can always get a different transmission later. Besides, you'll want to go easy on it through the break-in process, anyway.

What do you have planned for wiring? Are you going to run an OEM K-series harness with the necessary adaptive wiring for this chassis, or are you going with a fully custom wiring harness? If budget allows, I suggest the latter. It will allow you the most flexibility in terms of what you want the engine wired for.

I'm also curious as to the chassis that this car will go in.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I have the OEM RSX-S engine harness and I will be sending my original harness off to Hasport for adapting to the K20 harness.

This all will be going into my 90 Accord EX.

Comment

Another quick update.. Polishing my IM, almost done. The following parts have come in since last update:
                            - JDM Nippon 12.4:1 CR 87.5 Pistons
                            -OEM K24 crankshaft (needs to be micropolished)
                            -K1 Lightweight I Beams Rods
                            -ACL Race Rod & Main Bearings
                            -OEM shift cables, alternator, AC compressor and PS pump
                            Last edited by mjsstanley; 07-06-2017, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Very nice. Keep it up!
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

moving right along. making more progress than mine hah
                                COUPE K24

Comment

Working...
                                X