No announcement yet.

Cheap Suspension Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is bringing back an old thread, but it had some useful info for me. NAPA racks are Cardone; if you read the warranty for the rack on the NAPA site it is a Cardone warranty.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

do it right the first time or dont do it at all
      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Being that its extremely difficult to find quality replacement parts in Australia, without paying $150+ a bj, I tried using the eBay ones.

I found the quality control to be the biggest issue.

I got the midranged price setup that I could find ($100 for uca's, about $40 for a pair of ball joints, $50 for a pair of wheel bearings)

Now the wheel bearings are junk, lasted 10k km's/6k miles

The ball joints were quite good quality, I installed them January 2015, and as of November 2016 after a routine three month inspection (I'm super neurotic about making sure my car is running well) and about 20000 km's. There is no sign of wear or stress on the upper or lower ball joints or on the tie rod end.

I did find that the integra dc2 balljoint is identical, so I will probably source OEM dc2 balljoints to use when I replace them in 5k kms.

Overall: did it work better than the stock 270k units?

Yes.

Would I reccomend them?

No.

are they quality?

Sometimes.

Is it better to get the proper items when you can access them?

YES.

As someone who as actually tried them. Your legs won't fall of if you install them. But, do you check your suspension all the time? Do you constantly listen to your car for Boise's and have the mechanical knowledge to identify the noises quickly?

If not then absolutely get the name brand high quality stuff.

Also, I tested the strength of the eBay upper control arms vs OEM, and the eBay ones took more force to move.

I measures this using a vice and a hammer, attempting to keep the same pressure but with more force until it bent, obviously not very scientific but I had spares of both.
        sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Working...
        X