X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS OEM vs Ebay Reservoir Upgrade

I want to buy the below item from Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Engine...sAAOSwcuZaYYDH

The reason i want to buy it is to prevent PSF coming out of the reservoir and spilling everywhere in the engine bay. I have read PSF comes out if the steering wheel is turned accidentally when the car is not turned on, which it has happened before.

Someone please educate me why the cap is design to feel so loose. Is the PS cap supposed to be loose feeling to allow ventilation? If you have OEM PS red cap, do you follow an interval to replace it, which would decrease PSF spillage?
    Will the Racing PS Tank help? Any insight will help with my decision.

BTW, i don't race my CB7. It is my daily.

Your pump isn't pumping while car is turned off so not sure how pressure would come back in system thru wheel and cause it to overflow in reservoir. That doesn't seem possible. Maybe you have fluid too high in reservoir.

The cap shouldn't be loose but it shouldn't be really right either. Your fluid should be in between those 2 marks on side marked low and high i believe. You don't want it filled to top.

Comment

it is definitely not to the top. i use the marking on the side of the reservoir.

the cap seems the same looseness from when i bought a new PS cap.

Comment

Originally posted by ca93accord View Post
        it is definitely not to the top. i use the marking on the side of the reservoir.

the cap seems the same looseness from when i bought a new PS cap.
        Mine comes off pretty easy also. Is normal.

Comment

Answer is in your other thread

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...47#post3293347

It use to work. Now it doesn't. It does something weird or wrong. = broken.
          Don't buy a larger unit. Assuming it's at the proper fill/full mark (when engine hot), and it still overflows, u gots an issue

Comment

Thanks zedjr10 and Raf99 for your insight and knowledge

Comment

Working...
            X