Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Choosing an exhaust kit...help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choosing an exhaust kit...help.

Okay.
    I'm doing an engine swap, and I definitely need to replace my exhaust. I'm putting an h23a1 out of '93 prelude into my CB7 ('92) and I'm hoping to convert it to stick. Does anyone know where I can find the right exhaust so it will still line up with the headers? and if anyone makes a "kit" for converting from automatic to manual?

Originally posted by CB7freak92 View Post
    Okay.
    I'm doing an engine swap, and I definitely need to replace my exhaust. I'm putting an h23a1 out of '93 prelude into my CB7 ('92) and I'm hoping to convert it to stick. Does anyone know where I can find the right exhaust so it will still line up with the headers? and if anyone makes a "kit" for converting from automatic to manual?
    The auto exhaust is the same as the Manual exhaust . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
      The auto exhaust is the same as the Manual exhaust . . .
      noooo, lol.
      those were 2 seprate questions. i'm asking...if i buy an exhaust system for my accord, will it fit the h23 from the prelude. lol.

the other question was...is there a kit that i can use to convert my automatic transmission to manual. lol. prefferably 5 speed.

got it? lol.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7freak92 View Post
        the other question was...is there a kit that i can use to convert my automatic transmission to manual. lol. prefferably 5 speed.

got it? lol.
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=159041

As for exhaust, the HEADER will have to fit the H23. I don't know if the F22 and the H23 have the same bolt pattern.
        MRT
        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
        Originally posted by Tippey764
        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
        Originally posted by deevergote
        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
          As for exhaust, the HEADER will have to fit the H23. I don't know if the F22 and the H23 have the same bolt pattern.
          They do not have the same bolt pattern.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
          Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
          My member's ride

Comment

then how does a F22A header fit a F22B DOHC, practicably the same engine.

Also, there is no store bought kit for auto to 5 spd, go to a jy and get the parts or hit up the classifieds here, plenty of members selling 5 spd parts
            Last edited by Accrdwgnguy; 03-05-2011, 01:22 AM.
            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

quick way to find out - goto the parts store and compare gaskets.

Comment

f22a/f22b dohc/h23 all have the same exhaust manifold spacing.
                COUPE K24

Comment

Might want to try and call hmotorsonline so you can get the shifter cables and shifter assembly

Comment

there are a bunch of options for exhaust. but as far as a header goes, you will need a header that will fit the engine you are installing as everyone stated. but best thing to do with an exhaust is find a muffler you want and if you need/want any catalytic converters or resonators then get those and take em all to a muffler shop with your header installed and have them fab up a custom exhaust.

Auto > 5 speed swaps arent offered in kits. Like the others, go to a junkyard and get the parts you need. There are good how to's on how to do it and what you need for the swap.

Best of luck to you

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                      then how does a F22A header fit a F22B DOHC, practicably the same engine.
                      Opps My bad. You are right. I am thinking of a H22 exhaust mani. H22's and H23 manifolds have different spacing. Spacing on the F22/H23 is like 0000. On the H22 its like 0 00 0 im pretty sure. Or is is that the F23? Someone correct me if im wrong. Been a while since I been in the CB7 game as i got 4 cars I been doing a lot of mods on lately. Sorry bout the mixup.
                      Last edited by AbsurdNY; 03-07-2011, 04:10 AM.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
                      Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
                      My member's ride

Comment

Yes, H22AX different. All others, even DOHC H23 will work.

I've found that the upper part of the manifold for the BX is shorter than those for the AX.

Also I've heard of clearance issues with the lower front crossmember.

In terms of your trans swap; best bet would be to research online, search around in here, and then make your best judgement on what parts you'll need. JY's are good for that, just make sure to not skimp or skip especially with the big details like boosters, hardware, and finicky lines and hoses. It is much easier to convert to MT than the other way around so that much you have going for you already.

life is good.

Comment

Working...
                        X