Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1990 lx which year oem fogs??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 lx which year oem fogs??

hello everyone.. I just got from an uncle for free a 1990 accord lx
    shes was faded very badly . did a full wet sand and polish shes like glass
    now 256k 5speed runs like 60k , just purchased red/clear tails,
    the front bumper below the factory turn signals there is a plastic
    area for fogs lights? that looks like it could be cut out with a dremel
    now on procarparts.com they sell 92-93 factory style fog kit I would
    like to purchase those and have them heat wraped with 3M tail light tint
    actually amber tint(in which is available) then add piaa ion yellow bulbs
    of coarse my question is will they fit???? i thought 92-93 fogs
    were only on se coupe? i see guys on here with 1992-93 sedans with
    what looks like 1990-91 front bumpers?????? of coarse im a newbie
    new york

Originally posted by 1990LXaccord
    of coarse my question is will they fit???? i thought 92-93 fogs
    were only on se coupe? i see guys on here with 1992-93 sedans with
    what looks like 1990-91 front bumpers?????? of coarse im a newbie
    if you see people with 92-93 sedans and 90-91 front bumpers, it usually means they did either a trunk swap to a 92-93 sedan trunk, or a front end swap to a 90-91 front. check this thread out. it explains and shows the differences between the years.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=21193

as far as the fog light question, i think you need to get fogs that came from a 90-91 if you want the best fitment. of course the others will probably fit too with a small amount of modification.
    Originally posted by deevergote.
    And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

You either get 90-91 fogs or get a 92-93 bumper. They are all the same.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Fogs were a dealer option in all years.

As it's been said, you can source a set of OEM 90-91 fogs for your existing bumper, or you can swap to a 92-93.

Now, you can actually still source the 90-91 fogs at a dealer, but you will pay probably around $200 for them. You cannot get the 92-93 fogs at the dealer anymore. However, you can order aftermarket 92-93 replica fog lights online, most notably at www.procarparts.com

You other option would be to find a used set. Just be aware that with a used set, you're more likely to only get the fog lights and brackets, and not the wiring or switch, which you'd have to source separately. The wiring can be found at any parts store, but you'll have to spend some time wiring up the switch, as it won't be plug and play.

There's also the JDM vs USDM fog debate. The JDM fog lights have curved lenses, which IMO is much more noticeable on the 90-91 models than the 92-93 models.

On the 90-91 models, the USDM housing is flat, and sits under/behind the bumper lights. On the JDM housing, the lamp actually curves to meet the bumper light. The 92-93 models have the same feature, but honestly I don't feel it's worth the extra money as you really can't tell.

Also be aware that if you want to convert the front end to the 92-93 bumper, the headlights aren't going to sit exactly right. I run a 92-93 bumper in the winter, and there's a slight gap, as the 92-93 headlights were more aero than the 90-91 pieces, which were more flat. It's only really noticeable up close, but I think if I was running the bumper year round, I would swap to the 92-93 headlights.

Hope that helps a little.

EDIT: The reason you see a lot of sedans/coupes with the 92-93 trunk lid is that it's a very common swap. The red/clears that look like the 99-00 Civic Si tails only fit the 92-93 sedan trunk lid, so people swap to be able to use those. I've personally swapped to the newer trunklid, as I didn't like how the 90-91 red/clears looked when I had them.

Comment

if i buy 92-93 fogs.........

if i buy 92-92 fogs from procarparts.com ill need the 9293 bumper/brackets
          and supporting structures that i guess is a given but....... every 9293
          bumper i see has no area to mount these lights where do i cut do i need
          a templete or are there prefferated lines on the inside of the bumper cover
          from the factory that i can follow and cut with a dremel?? you guys showed
          me pics but under the bumper/turn signals its smooth and painted and
          rounds out with no sign of fog light option.... newbie new york

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior

As it's been said, you can source a set of OEM 90-91 fogs for your existing bumper, or you can swap to a 92-93.

Now, you can actually still source the 90-91 fogs at a dealer, but you will pay probably around $200 for them. You cannot get the 92-93 fogs at the dealer anymore. However, you can order aftermarket 92-93 replica fog lights online, most notably at www.procarparts.com

You other option would be to find a used set. Just be aware that with a used set, you're more likely to only get the fog lights and brackets, and not the wiring or switch, which you'd have to source separately. The wiring can be found at any parts store, but you'll have to spend some time wiring up the switch, as it won't be plug and play.

There's also the JDM vs USDM fog debate. The JDM fog lights have curved lenses, which IMO is much more noticeable on the 90-91 models than the 92-93 models.

On the 90-91 models, the USDM housing is flat, and sits under/behind the bumper lights. On the JDM housing, the lamp actually curves to meet the bumper light. The 92-93 models have the same feature, but honestly I don't feel it's worth the extra money as you really can't tell.

Also be aware that if you want to convert the front end to the 92-93 bumper, the headlights aren't going to sit exactly right. I run a 92-93 bumper in the winter, and there's a slight gap, as the 92-93 headlights were more aero than the 90-91 pieces, which were more flat. It's only really noticeable up close, but I think if I was running the bumper year round, I would swap to the 92-93 headlights.

EDIT: The reason you see a lot of sedans/coupes with the 92-93 trunk lid is that it's a very common swap. The red/clears that look like the 99-00 Civic Si tails only fit the 92-93 sedan trunk lid, so people swap to be able to use those. I've personally swapped to the newer trunklid, as I didn't like how the 90-91 red/clears looked when I had them.
            I have a 91 cb9 bumper i jus got a legend lip for it. but As far as the fogs GO, i dont think the 90-91 cb9 fogs are the same as the cb7s?
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

whats cb7 and cb9

im gathering my 1990 lx is a cb9? and 92-93 is cb7??? anyone can answer
              my question scroll up to my last thread about cutting 92-93 bumper

Comment

cb7/cb9 are chassis codes. cb7 is 90-93 sedan/coupes
                cb9 is wagon 90-93
                now the 90-91 92-93 sedans and coupes are diff, so r the bumpers from 90-91 92-93 cb9(wagon)

and so are the bumper lights. I would like to get the cb9 amber lights. dj-CAZ or something like that has it on his. and has the fogs also. but i dunno if the fogs are for a wagon they might b off the sedans/coupes
                Last edited by F20A CB7; 07-17-2007, 11:03 PM.
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

lights lights

ok say i bought the 1992-1993 procarparts foglamps
                  ok say i bought the 1992-1993 accord lx front bumper
                  there is no place to mount these lights where to i cut??????
                  everyone on here has them installed someone has to know

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
                    I have a 91 cb9 bumper i jus got a legend lip for it. but As far as the fogs GO, i dont think the 90-91 cb9 fogs are the same as the cb7s?
                    the bumpers are different.

i dont think the fogs are diff .. looks the same. correct me if im wrong

except for the JDM and USDm.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                    Honda Accord Euro-R
                    Honda Odyssey Absolute
                    Honda City I-DSi
                    Honda Stream

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LXaccord
                      if i buy 92-92 fogs from procarparts.com ill need the 9293 bumper/brackets
                      and supporting structures that i guess is a given but....... every 9293
                      bumper i see has no area to mount these lights where do i cut do i need
                      a templete or are there prefferated lines on the inside of the bumper cover
                      from the factory that i can follow and cut with a dremel?? you guys showed
                      me pics but under the bumper/turn signals its smooth and painted and
                      rounds out with no sign of fog light option.... newbie new york
                      You don't need the support, only the cover. Just be aware you're going to have issues lining up the grill and headlights with the 92-93 cover and 90-91 headlights/corners/grill. It's not really as bad as people make it out to be, but it won't be perfect.

On most OEM bumpers, there's a pattern on the inside of the bumper that you can follow to cut it for fogs.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=fog%2A

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=fog%2A

As far as I've seen, they never made USDM fogs to fit a wagon bumper, as they were different than the sedan bumper in all years. There are JDM fogs available that will fit a wagon bumper, as their bracketry are different than the standard sedan fogs.

and so are the bumper lights. I would like to get the cb9 amber lights. dj-CAZ or something like that has it on his. and has the fogs also. but i dunno if the fogs are for a wagon they might b off the sedans/coupes
                      The 91 Wagon had an oddball bumper that didn't look much like the sedan bumper. The 92-93 wagon bumper, although different than the sedan bumper, was much similar in style overall compared to the 91. The fogs you see have been custom fit, and the bumperlights painted amber.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior

so where could we get the 90-91 fogs from the dealer is that any honda dealer

Comment

Originally posted by SARCB7
                          so where could we get the 90-91 fogs from the dealer is that any honda dealer
                          I think all dealers can be connected through the main parts network. I know my local dealer said they could still source a set.

Be prepared to pay for it though.

Comment

thats cool cuz it would probably cuz the same just paying for them insted of changing the front end to a 92-93 right??

Comment

thanks I was looking into a set for my 91 and needed some info

Comment

Working...
                              X