No announcement yet.

oneoffaccord : 1992 Accord EX (2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got to work on the car last weekend. Spent most of my time getting the left quarter welded up. The bottom of the rocker and wheel well on the left side was a change. 1)they dont make a patch panel for a cooupe, So i had to use part of the patch panel to shape/make the bottom of the quarter. 2) The wheel well is consist of 3 panels to make one. That was even worse.

I even welded the antenna shut in the process. So all metal work is done on the left side. I did spray a few coats of self-etching primer. Next weekend if i go down ill work on the right side and put some seal sealer and then lay some 2k high build primer

Comment

Getter done, nice progress. I have the same issue , but I don't have a welder. Might have to cut and bondo.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Originally posted by laz93se View Post
        Getter done, nice progress. I have the same issue , but I don't have a welder. Might have to cut and bondo.
        Thanks, im doing the best i can with the time i have. Its not easy when the car is 2hrs away. PLEASE dont not cut and bondo. I did that i high school and it just comes back. Cut and weld is the best way to do it

Comment

Heres the progress on the left inner wheel well and lower portion of the quarter panel.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
            Thanks, im doing the best i can with the time i have. Its not easy when the car is 2hrs away. PLEASE dont not cut and bondo. I did that i high school and it just comes back. Cut and weld is the best way to do it
            yea I know , I might just take it to a shop. But then again south fl has so many crooked ass paint shops. Gotta find someone I can trust without getting ripped off.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Originally posted by laz93se View Post
              yea I know , I might just take it to a shop. But then again south fl has so many crooked ass paint shops. Gotta find someone I can trust without getting ripped off.
              yea i hear that, maybe you can find someone that you know that can help you out

Comment

Heres a few pics of getting the lower portion of quarter panel wheel arch fitted. You gotta understand that theres no patch panel for coupes only for sedans, so im working with what i got. The biggest problem i had was getting the XEXON side skirts to go over the factory side skirts perfectly. Which didnt happen cause the Xexon side skirt is too short (is from a 4dr). So i ended up cutting the rear of the factory side skirts for that reason. FInally after taking off and putting on the side skirts everything came out perfect. Just a little patience was all that was needed.

Comment

This kinda sucks on how i have to do this like this but like i stated before they dont make a patch panel for a coupe.

Drilled two holes for the small wheel arch to weld the inner panel for more support.

test fit the Xexon side skirt

Part of the sedan patch panel used

final lower portion of the quarter and rear quarter is sprayed with self etching primer. The whole panel will be sanded down, sprayed with high build primer then the body work will continue.

Comment

The inner wheel well is all welded up. inside and out, I also ended up taking off all the old undercoating and seam seal around that area. I will seam seal that part but before i do that i wanna take off all the undercoat first.

Comment

This past weekend did a lil work on the accord, not alot just enough. I ended filling all the small areas that i welded then primed.

Comment

I also sanded down the whole bottom of the left quarter all the way down to the factory primer, the wheel arch. Sprayed the whole area with high build primer. As that was drying, thats when i ended up doing working on the engine bay.

Theres still so much more to do on the quarter but i know its very easy the hardest part is done.

Comment

The last thing ive done also on the quarter was seam seal all the welded areas and bare metal on the quarter. I will take off all undercoat, most likely paint insdie the wheel wheel then undercoat. Good thing about the SEM seam seal is that its paintable and its a factory color sealer. Quarter should be down the next time i go down to my parents house.

Comment

awesome work larry. wish i could come see it. i will stop by at the end of May, hopefully you will be around.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                              awesome work larry. wish i could come see it. i will stop by at the end of May, hopefully you will be around.
                              I will always be down on weekends. I only work 1 saturday a month, just let me know when you are coming.

Comment

What colour are you planning to paint it?

Comment

Working...
                                X