Head identification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head identification?

I just recently bought a 91ex, I noticed when going over the engine that the block is stamped F22A6 which leads me to believe the engine was swapped at one point.
    The engine has issues with either a stuck or burnt valve and I was looking to replace the head I was just wondering if there's any way to identify the head itself?

Originally posted by HardInThePaint
    WTF, thats like placing the cheese underneath the beef patty and calling it a burgercheese. Regardless of how u slice it the shit is a cheeseburger.

Unless the EX is a wagon, then yes, it was swapped in there by someone else.

There is really no reason to know which head you have as all F22A heads are the same. The only difference is that the '92-'93 version of the casting had a mounting provision for the external coil bracket to mount on. With a '90-'91, it doesn't matter at all, if you're looking for one to replace it. The valve springs and camshaft in the F22A6 are slightly more aggressive, so make sure you grab those from your current head if you do end up getting a head from a different F22A.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

That is very interesting about the 92-93s had the bracket for the external
      coil. When I first bought my CB I had to replace my external coil but I could
      not find a place it should have been mounted. I can't even remember how
      the original owner had it mounted. That makes sense since the F22 that I
      pulled out of my car was an A4 instead of the original A6.
      (but they kept the IM because it had the IAB box?)
      Keep Pushing..

Comment

You've found your problem, then!

No big deal, though. You can just zip tie it to secure it.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
        X