Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zmanwit90accord: 1998 Infiniti QX4

Well guys here she is

Has 126k, picked it up for about $5k when all the paper work was done.

Has leather (of course) sunroof, Bose system, heated front seats.

More pics to come as soon as I get it back from the shop. I bought it from a wholesale auto dealer so it has to go through inspection/emissions before the sale is final. The running boards are not staying, drivers side isn't even there right now. It has a small rust spot under the rear glass and that's it. Looks pretty good in and out and underneath.

Double checking tomorrow about the recall I read about, something with the rear strut housing rusting away.

Future plans: maybe tints, maybe replace door speakers.

Was nice to be apart of this community for a few years, I still love me my Hondas, but it's also nice to get into something different, as well as own a car that makes both my parents jealous

Nice find man! I always liked those in the Pearl White that Infinti has. I have a J30 man! Love my infiniti!

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
    PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX View Post
      Nice find man! I always liked those in the Pearl White that Infinti has. I have a J30 man! Love my infiniti!
      I was surprised to find it too in my price range!

My dad has a 98 Maxima with 208k so he was super biased with this one over the Explorer I was looking at. Looking forward to the luxury that comes with this car.

Tinting it is going to be a pain because of that stupid mirror tint they have but hopefully it'll come out good.

Also found out the recall problem was fixed last year so I'm good to go!
      Last edited by zmanwit90accord; 08-08-2012, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Recall is the front strut towers.

There's a whole big to do with the rear struts/bushings and a wobble.

They rust at the bottoms of the front fenders, the front fenders right below the top body line and the rear wheel arches above where your mid-line cladding is.

Other than that they're pretty solid trucks. I'd recommend a transmission fluid change with OEM fluid as it will wake up the trans.

My Mom had one of these (a Pathfinder) for a couple of years and I really enjoyed it. When she was trading it in I tried to buy it off her, but they gave her a ton of money in trade.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
          Recall is the front strut towers.

There's a whole big to do with the rear struts/bushings and a wobble.

They rust at the bottoms of the front fenders, the front fenders right below the top body line and the rear wheel arches above where your mid-line cladding is.

Other than that they're pretty solid trucks. I'd recommend a transmission fluid change with OEM fluid as it will wake up the trans.

My Mom had one of these (a Pathfinder) for a couple of years and I really enjoyed it. When she was trading it in I tried to buy it off her, but they gave her a ton of money in trade.
          Yea, I got a small rust spot right near the rear glass on the left side that should be taken care of sooner than later. Other than that it's just a tiny bit along the doors and nothing too bad underneath.

Good tip about the tranny fluid, will do as soon as I can.

Finally got it home today though!

Comment

plasti-dipped my wheels today and gave the interior a good cleaning

Comment

NY winters...

Comment

Working...
              X