CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Technical

Old 10-16-2018, 07:47 PM   #1
Gee92
CB7tuner Member

Gee92 is cool... so far.
Unhappy Engine won't run in drive

Well some months ago I drove my 92 to get new muffler and drop the car off because they had to order it. A day later they went to pull the car in the shop and it wouldn't stay running once you put in drive to move. The shop tried replacing the fuel pump but still did the same thing. Had it towed to the Honda shop in which they kept for two months and said they didn't know what was wrong. Have anyone else had this problem or can help me with this if not a good shop near Fort Leonard Wood, MO. Thanks in advance...
Forgot to say it does have a H22 in it but don't think the shop did a good job a few years ago...
Old 10-19-2018, 10:38 AM   #2
4GAccordH22
CB7tuner Member

4GAccordH22 is cool... so far.
Send a message via ICQ to 4GAccordH22 Send a message via AIM to 4GAccordH22 Send a message via Yahoo to 4GAccordH22
What ECU are you using? Has the base idle been properly set? Has anyone checked the IACV (could have dirty screens)?

I once had an issue where my car would die at idle under certain conditions. Setting the base idle solved the issue. Jumper the CEL plug, disconnect the IAC and set the idle to ~700 RPM.

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.
4GAccordH22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:24 PM   #3
Gee92
CB7tuner Member

Gee92 is cool... so far.
I had tried that before taking it to the Honda dealer but still did the same. Thanks!
Old 10-25-2018, 09:26 PM   #4
Gee92
CB7tuner Member

Gee92 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
What ECU are you using? Has the base idle been properly set? Has anyone checked the IACV (could have dirty screens)?

I once had an issue where my car would die at idle under certain conditions. Setting the base idle solved the issue. Jumper the CEL plug, disconnect the IAC and set the idle to ~700 RPM.
It the same ECU that I got with the engine 5 years ago. The car have being run fine a year ago and setup for 6 months before it start doing this. It will set still and run okay, until you try to move the car. thx
Old 10-25-2018, 09:29 PM   #5
Gee92
CB7tuner Member

Gee92 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee92 View Post
It the same ECU that I got with the engine 5 years ago. The car have being run fine a year ago and setup for 6 months before it start doing this. It will set still and run okay, until you try to move the car. thx
I will try to clean the IAC.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: