Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: Complete JDM Sidemarker Install (56k Warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 90ACCORDLXGUY View Post
    Hey Joshy I just printed one out twice and both times they are way too big.
    In your printer settings, be sure it's set to print @ 300 DPI / PPI.

PM me if that doesn't work, or you're unable to change it! I could resize them to 72 DPI, but 300 is best for printing. You may also want to save them and try to print outside of a web browser, for more robust printer settings.
    Last edited by Joshy; 04-06-2010, 06:21 PM.
    My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Bumping this thread...

After doing three sets of sidemarkers, I've refined my templates a bit. These are print-to-size straight from the browser. The idea is that you cut them out after they've been printed, and you set the bottom against the top of your fender molding. The side against the wheel arch will sit against the end of the fender.

I've also included a template for BB sidemarkers, which are a few millimeters longer than CB sidemarkers.

Comment

So... anyone done this with USDM headlights? I just got completely lost on this DIY because of the whole JDM headlights and wiring... I have a set of JDM fenders and the lights but no pig tails... any help would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by sn000t View Post
          So... anyone done this with USDM headlights? I just got completely lost on this DIY because of the whole JDM headlights and wiring... I have a set of JDM fenders and the lights but no pig tails... any help would be great!
          I'm going to be making a DIY for side markers with USDM headlights so check the DIY section in a few days. Id say around thursday. If you need help just ask

Click For MRT

Comment

In terms of installation, there really isn't much of a difference.

Regardless of the fact that j-spec headlights have a single corner light socket, you still have to extend wiring from somewhere to make use of sidemarkers. Let it be from your corner lights or bumper lights, blinker wiring has to be tapped from somewhere.

Comment

Bump for an excellent DIY including those templates! I just did mine today and it made things so easy.

I am running USDM headlights so I tapped the corner signal wires (I think it was green + and black -) by cutting it off, reconnecting 3 wire ends (harness side and new wire on one side, signal bulb socket side on the other) with butt connectors, and shrink wrapping it. The 2 new wires were routed above the splash shield to where the sidemarkers mount.

Comment

ty for this. gettin my sidemarkers this week and this will help alot
                1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
                2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

even after jsinger has been gone from the site for years his diy still remains and continues to help the community. to a well thought out and documented diy. ive gotten to meet the guy personally cool guy
                  <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

hey guys im having trouble printing the sidemarker template i tried pm joshy but his inbox is full im either getting them to big or too small, i have printed these right before but for some reason i cant get them to print properly this time.
                    MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=175158

Comment

Sorry to rise this from the dead, but since joshy's pics and links dont work no more, i saved them so here the templates!

Comment

so where do you measure this from ?
                        10th Anniversary Accord.
                        05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
                          even after jsinger has been gone from the site for years his diy still remains and continues to help the community. to a well thought out and documented diy. ive gotten to meet the guy personally cool guy
                          Thank you, sir. It means a lot.

It was this DIY that actually brought me back to check out the site. I ran into someone with a CB7 yesterday and after we talked awhile he mentioned that he followed this DIY a few times. When I mentioned my forum name, he actually recognized it. I was humbled to say the least. I do miss this place.

Coincidentally, I may be making a come back, as I'm planning on acquiring another CB7 this weekend. It's a 90-91 EX Sedan, 5spd in the typical Honda Green. Really looking forward to working on them again.
                          RIP:
                          1993 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2005-2007]
                          1994 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2001-2004]
                          Currently daily:
                          1990 Honda Accord EX 5spd Sedan [2012-Present]

Comment

bump this again* going to install these soon.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Can anyone tell me if the CB3 side markers are done using the same install process?

I made a template that fits really well, but it doesn't have the cut corner edge (Left) like this one does..
                              Last edited by CB7_JAY91; 03-01-2013, 02:02 PM.
                              Jay
                              HondaLina
                              91' Accord EX R JDM H22A

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_JAY91 View Post
                                Can anyone tell me if the CB3 side markers are done using the same install process?

I made a template that fits really well, but it doesn't have the cut corner edge (Left) like this one does..
                                I would say if the side marker fits snugly in the template you made, then you should be good. As I mentioned in the "Please Note" section, depending on what side marker you go with, your template may differ from the one I made and used.
                                RIP:
                                1993 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2005-2007]
                                1994 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2001-2004]
                                Currently daily:
                                1990 Honda Accord EX 5spd Sedan [2012-Present]

Comment

Working...
                                X