Window Regulator (Manual)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window Regulator (Manual)

My driver window since I've had the car (Nov 17) has been giving me problems whenever I roll up/down. At first it was just a "loose" crank handle similar to Turbo shaft play. Then a few months ago I could only get it up about 90% before having to use my hands on either side and keeping pressure on it to finish cranking it up. About a week ago this seemed to "resolve" itself as I only had to use the crank (which still has play in it this whole time). Then last night I had difficulty getting it to roll at all. When I started to get it rolling up to try and fix it, it would only roll up and now the crank just rotates without moving the window. I pulled the panel off and it looks like the regulator doesn't line up for the crank (I cant get it back in all the way to try the window). With all of this said, it looks like I need to replace said regulator. My questions are as follows:

1. DX Coupe. Do I need a coupe specific regulator or will a DX sedan work? Also on this note, what about a DX variant CA5/6, CD5/CE6, CG or even Civic regulator?

2. How difficult is it to remove the regulator from the door, any tips?

I have a Chilton guide, but it flippin' sucks and lacks detail since it covers Accord and Prelude 1984-1995.

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by CB7_Saloon; 08-24-2018, 11:25 PM. Reason: Stupid question, modified

accord coupe only. any 90-93 should work. its not bad to get it out of the door.
    COUPE K24

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Wow, that was easy! The last time I had to remove a window and regulator, it was out of a 95 Camaro and it was power. It took me a few hours lol.

Anyways, new question:

I have to roll the window down to access the one bolt, but I cannot get it to roll down since the whole piece separated and just rotates the crank, any tips? Thanks again!
      Last edited by CB7_Saloon; 08-25-2018, 08:37 PM.

Comment

RESOLVED:

I fixed this on Tuesday, but forgot to update my post.

For future reference, IF YOUR REGULATOR BREAKS WITH THE WINDOW UP, you have to have small hands/arms to be able to access the two bolts that attach the window to the regulator, especially the one closest to the door hinge. Take caution when your arm is in the door frame because of the "sharp" edge of the hole opening (I put some minor slits in my arm lol) Take a small ended 10mm wrench and carefully (with lots of patience) get it loose enough to take a socket and turn by hand. Trust me, you'll be here for awhile, especially if you did it alone like I did (which I do NOT recommend since the window is not only fragile [duh], but heavy). I used a hoodie to cushion the window from the door frame. After this is cake.

Comment

Working...
        X