Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

KONI STR.T and Neuspeed springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KONI STR.T and Neuspeed springs

I am expecting shocks and sport springs in the title delivered soon to replace OE spring and shocks. Are there any other parts components I should have ordered or be ready for replacing these?

Also urethane bushings are something I have in my mind down the road but I don't know how harsh the ride will be for Daily Driver. I would like to know the opinions on these from who have urethane bushings installed.

Thank you.
    A&P-IA

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
    I am expecting shocks and sport springs in the title delivered soon to replace OE spring and shocks. Are there any other parts components I should have ordered or be ready for replacing these?

Also urethane bushings are something I have in my mind down the road but I don't know how harsh the ride will be for Daily Driver. I would like to know the opinions on these from who have urethane bushings installed.

Thank you.
    I just did mine. I have STR.T and ground control coilovers. I also replaced the upper control arms and added the camber kit in the front and washer trick with longer bolts in the back. Whole job took me about 6 hours by myself. I also did tie rod ends while I was in there.
    -Wayne-

310whp - 296tq

Comment

Urethane bushings won't make your ride harsh at all.

Good choice on the suspension components.

The only other thing I would suggest would be a camber kit. You'll be wearing out the inside of your tires otherwise. The anchor bolt style (the twp "P" shaped parts that attach the upper control arm to the chassis) work well. Many people prefer the ball joint style, though I am not AT ALL comfortable with removing the stock ball joint, as it's pressed in (and even Honda doesn't sell that part separately from the upper control arm.) For a ball joint style camber kit, I would go with the TASauto.com adjustable upper control arm. Not cheap, but WELL worth the money for all new components (it uses an Ingalls ball joint). That's what I have on my own car.
      The only camber kit brands you shuold consider are Ingalls and SPC. Anything else could be dangerous. I know this from experience, where a broken camber kit nearly caused me to crash.

Otherwise, you'll need an alignment... though I assume you know this already.

Comment

Thank you guys for your reply posts.

I was reading mixed posts about camber kit, from "yes, need it" to "no, don't need". Also type of kits are something to consider. Safety is the must. I will go with well known brand and do more reading/study.

I am not sure/familiar about washer trick in the back, so I will do some more research, as well.

Tie rod ends were replaced about two years ago. I have not checked condition of them lately.

I may hang-on to OE springs and shocks until I know what to do about camber kit, washer trick and bushings.
        A&P-IA

Comment

Lowering your car changes the wheel's camber angle. That is a fact. Camber correction is necessary to avoid accelerated wear of the inside of the tires.

People like to believe that aligning for toe (done by the tie rods) is all you need to avoid tire wear. While improperly aligned toe is the biggest destroyer of tires, camber also plays a role. They are independent angles.

Anyone who says you don't need a camber kit, and that your tires won't wear unevenly as long as you align the toe, is a moron.

The "washer trick" is basically the easiest and cheapest way to correct the rear camber. The only thing you should be sure to do is use automotive grade bolts.

Comment

I guess I don't want join the "moron club".

I will be careful about using bolts. What's the bolt class used on automobiles? Head markings? I am familiar with aircraft bolts but they don't come in metrics.
            A&P-IA

Comment

I believe it's posted somewhere on here... but I actually haven't done the washer trick yet (and my rear tires suffered for it...) I'll see if I can find it.

Comment

you can put up to 4 washers which will correct almost a degree before having to use longer bolts. oem is around 10.9. they are strong bolts.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I love this site so far with "fire rapid replies", compare to some other forum sites I know.

Thank you guys. I will be doing some more reading on this site for sure.

Taking the car to the shop for alignment after everything is said and done, would a shop make a fuss about the car having lowerd shocks and camber kit installed???
                  Last edited by oyajicool; 12-04-2010, 03:24 PM.
                  A&P-IA

Comment

they would charge you a "modified" alignment cost. wheel works did it for me no problem.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

where is it (Wheel Works) located?

Never mind, I googled it and I see it is a chain store in CA. I guess I need to call around locally get pricing.

Thanks.
                      Last edited by oyajicool; 12-04-2010, 04:35 PM.
                      A&P-IA

Comment

I don't think you will need a camber kit for Sport Springs. I didn't have one when I had Neuspeed Sports + Koni Yellows which go even lower than your setup. Just rotate the tires more often (every 2 oil changes). I think the negative camber I had was perfect... that setup was easily the best handling Accord I've ever had/driven.

One thing I would recommend is to replace all worn bushings. A busted upper or lower ball joint could be life or death, and tie rod ends + sway bar bushings will enhance driving feel when fresh. Your setup w/a fresh ball joints and links will ride & handle like a million bucks.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

id have to agree, my camber was around -1.5 degrees and i never ran a camber kit.
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

I wish I had an alignment rig.

This is what I am going to do. I will do the swap and take it to the shop I know for alignment and get the read out. See if the car needs the camber kit or not.
                            A&P-IA

Comment

I think under 2 degrees is find

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                              X