Another should I trade thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another should I trade thread

So I'm pretty much not driving the Accord anymore and I see it parked and it makes me sad, but I'm not into racing it right now and I have the chance of trading it for a 93 Nissan Pulsar GTIR. I know not the best looking car, but it's awd/turbo and could be fun in the winter...the only downside it's a RHD

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

I've never seen one so I had to google it. It does look like a fun little car.

Comment

Proceed with caution. I heard all insurance companies in ontario are not insuring RHD vehicles anymore. And that are, are cancelling their policies.

Comment

the good - awd is better than fwd. especially in snow. its a cool little car. i think they look good. though i think your cb looks good too.

the bad - rhd is a pain in the ass on lhd roads. the sr20det was never a north american motor though there are enough of them around to be decently supported, plus we had the sr20de which is close. the awd components will be hard to replace if the car breaks.

i think it would be cool but i say just stick to the cb7. start driving it again. do something new to it so you like it again.

Comment

It's rare, it's cool and I'd do the trade in a heartbeat. But the fact that the guy wants out of it and what Makaveli2k said would cause me to think very seriously about it.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

My buddy Kyle has a Pulsar GTi-R. Ugly as hell...looks liked a riced out VW Golf....but OMG is it fun.

It's a little rally go kart pretty much. SR20 FTW.

I dont think I'd ever buy a RHD car here. Every one that is here has been shit bagged and beat on. Unless you plan to spend a lot on maintenance and repairs, I'd seriously think about it.

Comment

You all make points that I've been thinking about. Insurance is not a problem, I live in Quebec, its the repairs and finding parts that's a little scary.

SOLD!!
              Boosted H22
              375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

i saw one on the road once. rare in the states for sure! i didnt think it was ugly.
                looked like this but brown

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb View Post
                  You all make points that I've been thinking about. Insurance is not a problem, I live in Quebec, its the repairs and finding parts that's a little scary.
                  If you have access to a "JDM shop" that specializes in imports, parts shouldn't be a problem. I live near a RHD import wrecker and the guy has loads of RHD drive parts for all sorts of cars.

Comment

yeah if he wants to put old used parts in his old used pulsar

Comment

Originally posted by Dani Filth View Post
                      yeah if he wants to put old used parts in his old used pulsar
                      Ive put plenty of old used parts in my old used Accord and it still worked fine, lol.
                      My FB Page - http://www.facebook.com/hellaflush3d

My 3D Work --> http://samauripizzacats.deviantart.com/

Comment

but you also had plenty of old used parts to choose from

Comment

Originally posted by Dani Filth View Post
                          but you also had plenty of old used parts to choose from
                          ...as you would at a shop that specializes in, say, old used imports?

Almost forgot, but I gotta say... Please don't trade. You're cb is gorgeous, quick, and so what if you aren't able to go out and enjoy it now? Pulsar's are just not good looking cars in my opinion, and honestly, even if you have a place to get parts for it, I bet they are pricey. If you insist on ditching the cb, have you ever considered a muscle car? Canada seems to be big into imports, so if you want to sample another world, look for an old school chevy. I hate chevy's, BUT... to dip your toes into the muscle world in ANYTHING but a chevy is just ludacris.
                          Last edited by turbomaxx; 06-07-2012, 10:11 PM.
                          "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                          "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                          Disregard females, acquire currency
                          BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

i think he has another car.
                            the pulsar gtir isnt like the crap we got in the us. totally different beast

Comment

Oh, agreed for sure! I'm sure it takes normal driving AND abuse a far cry better than anything we offered here in the same time frame, and even a lot we offered here up until dangerously recent years!

However, age takes it toll on all things, and I just worry it'll have some catastrophic failure that creates that situation where you have to decide, "Do I sell it dirt cheap, or spend a fortune fixing it?" And I'm trying to think of mozz as a friend of mine, even though we haven't ever met. And if he was my friend, I just don't think I could say, "Yeah, it's a good idea!". Hopefully this makes some kind of sense, I have had a few beers, so I'm not entirely confident in my sentence structuring skills as of now!
                              "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                              "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                              Disregard females, acquire currency
                              BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Working...
                              X