Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Bogs on 1-99% throttle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bogs on 1-99% throttle.

So after getting a code 15 and getting stranded for a few hours, got a new distributor everything ran great, drove home, good for a while. Then out of no where the car bogs and misfires looses pretty much all power, unless i floor it, it comes back to life. Happened for about 10 minutes then went away. So next day I time the distributor to 15deg, since timing was way off, hoping that was what the issue was. Car was fine for two days, yesterday it decided to do it again. Same deal, bogs backfires, no power. If I go wot it come back to life, let it idle its fine too. No cel or codes. Strange stuff. Any ideas?
    wat?

you sure the ignition wires are in the correct firing order?

when the car turns off is it hard to turn back on?

Comment

Originally posted by JunyAccord View Post
      you sure the ignition wires are in the correct firing order?

when the car turns off is it hard to turn back on?
      The car runs fine it just happens randomly, starts right back up runs fine for a minute then come back. It only lasts like 10 minutes max. And it never dies out.
      Last edited by C91BLX7; 05-23-2011, 08:05 PM.
      wat?

Comment

could it possibly be your ICM aka ignitor? where'd you get your dizzy from?

Comment

Autozone, came with ignitor. Didn't come with cap or rotor mine looked pretty shot, gonna get them after work today see if that helps.
          wat?

Comment

New cap and rotor in. Contacts on the old ones looked burned up. Also noiticed the distribtor didn't have a cap seal on it, the new cap came with one so. The second time I had the issue was when it was raining. Hmm.
            wat?

Comment

i guess the cap and rotor fixed it??

Ride List
              1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
              2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
              newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Originally posted by blazenem View Post
                i guess the cap and rotor fixed it??
                Cap rotor and seal
                wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                  Cap rotor and seal
                  Nice... figured it had to be spark related. My friend has a 98 F150, and it was doing similar things, turns out one of his #3 spark plug wire had break n the sheathing allowing the the spark to short to ground randomly....

Glad its running right again tho...
                  My System
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

Working...
                  X