Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battery Light comes on when turning off engine but still acc mode.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Light comes on when turning off engine but still acc mode.

I just replaced my alternator and now after car is running the light comes on when i turn off engine but still on accessory mode. I could of sworn it didn't do this before. None of the other lights come on. Just the battery light when i cut engine off but still in accessory mode. Of course it does cut off when i turn to off and pull key out. Maybe i am just paranoid and it always did this but i doubt it.

ya, think that's normal from what I can remember... what's ya voltage in ACC mode?

Comment

I don't think the battery light is supposed to come on with the key in the first (accessory) position.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I thought the battery light comes on anytime the car is solely using battery power? If the engine isn’t running, alternator isn’t providing power and your draining the battery. I’m not home or else I would go look and see myself.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

soo just checked this, and yes my battery light is on in ACC mode.

Comment

What are we calling the accessory position? In the first position where I can play the radio, the battery light does not come on in Ruby. The battery light, among others, comes on when I go to the "run" position before stating the engine.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
              What are we calling the accessory position? In the first position where I can play the radio, the battery light does not come on in Ruby. The battery light, among others, comes on when I go to the "run" position before stating the engine.
              Agreed with this. I was in the run position. where fuel pump and other stuff come on.

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                Let me clarify after looking at what happens again.

I was referring to when u cut off engine and go to accessory position before taking key out. None of the other lights come on except the battery light. And the battery light only stays on for a second or two.

All lights come on including battery light when in run position before starting the engine. But no lights come on when in accessory position. Acts totally normal before starting engine.

I think all this is normal actually and sorry if i wasted yalls time. The batt light just staying on for a second or 2 is cause the engine hasn't totally stopped but ignition is off. I just don't remember this happening before and was in a rush to find out cause of these return policies on alternators.
                Last edited by zedjr10; 11-13-2019, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
                  Let me clarify after looking at what happens again.

I was referring to when u cut off engine and go to accessory position before taking key out. None of the other lights come on except the battery light. And the battery light only stays on for a second or two.

All lights come on including battery light when in run position before starting the engine. But no lights come on when in accessory position. Acts totally normal before starting engine.

I think all this is normal actually and sorry if i wasted yalls time. The batt light just staying on for a second or 2 is cause the engine hasn't totally stopped but ignition is off. I just don't remember this happening before and was in a rush to find out cause of these return policies on alternators.
                  Ya, nothing to worry about. Old cars :P

Comment

Working...
                  X