Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Laptop Help/Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apu, that looks like a pretty good deal.

Ive thought about looking into "Open Box" or "Show Models", so to speak. Something maybe they'll be willing to come down on.

Im pretty sure all the laptops at Wal-Mart come with Vista.

I didnt really look too much at Best Buy, Circuit City, etc but i will sooner or later. I know they may be a little more pricier, but they're more apt to have a bigger selection and might even be more likely to come down on price.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

i don't really like buying something that i can't touch with my hands before hand.. but overstock.com seems to have some decent ones in your price range.

http://www.overstock.com/search?keyw...type=HP_Header

Comment

Yeah, eh....Im a little iffy about that too. I mean, if they have a good return policy or ship well, then i might consider it.

Plus, i just like being able to see it, touch it, ask about it, buy it and walk out with it.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

I have an ibm laptop. I'm looking into getting an Acer myself.
          1990 LX Coupe-----1992 LX Sedan

Comment

I'd get a refurbished laptop.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

If your going to go laptop... There is only one chioce.

Intel inside. Me and my girlfriend bought laptops about a month apart from each other. She went to Best buy with her mom and I took to the internet to see what I could find. I found a Gateway MT6460 on HSN.com for a hell of a good price. 599 when I found it, plus it was on flexpay (I could pay it in three payments) and there was no shipping charge.
              My specs. 1.7 duel core AMD processor, 2Gigs of ram, 80gig hard drive and a 12-cell battery. Dvd burner and wifi. Not too bad of a deal...
              My girls specs. an HP 1.8 duel core Intel processor, 2 gigs ram, 120 gig hard drive, 12-cell battery, DVD burner with Lightscribe (do you know what that is? Look it up, its fucking amazing) wifi, and a remote to control her music and movies from across the room.

Sounds pretty much like the same laptop right? WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! I should have gotten the same thing she did. While I have an AWESOME 3+ hours of battery time to do stuff like web browsing, and listen to music. But if I decided to burn a cd, or a dvd, or use any peripheral my battery goes in about an hour and a half. The laptops have the same battery, 12 cell. (Thats the biggest you can get, I think) Heres the crazy part. She has a whooping 11 hours of battery time.... WTF? She can do whatever she wants during that 11 hours. Burn dvds, cds, watch movies, use an external hard drive, use external speakers.... Anything she wants and it still lasts almost 11 hours. Its all about the INTEL inside. If you take any advise from me on this subject, please, PLEASE go with intel. ITs a totally different ball game with that thing. Oh and one last thing, my laptop gets HOTT on the bottom. So hot that I can't set it on my legs when I have shorts on or it will burn me. Her laptop? Barely gets even a little warm.... HP with intel FTW!!!!

Hope that helps....

Comment

hey why didnt you ask dan i work at the computer company lol. plus so does jake. go to cybertronpc.com and look at some of the prices let me know and i will hook you up w/ a discount if possible gateway is shit so is dell can ionly buy any componets needed from them no aftermarket support
                h23a3 lxinks

Comment

I have a gateway m-series laptop it cost me only $700. I got it at tiger direct .com

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

lxinks, i notced you're in the ict...thats good, means you're close, lol.

Ill look around and if i see anything i like, ill hit ya up.

Skiers, sounds like a helluva deal! I dunno about 10+ hours of battery time, but i probably need a good 3-5. And if it'll burn/DL music, then i'll be on it, doing that alot.

I dont recall you saying how much your gf's HP was...

Like i said, i really dont wanna spend more than about $800. Ive seen those $400 ACErs and Wally World, but i dunno. It might be a good brand, but it just seems like an AWESOME deal, and thats what bothers me.

Comment

also look on our other website mokeycircut.com
                      h23a3 lxinks

Comment

Im yet to check out those sites, but i went to Dell Online, and here's what i can get for $524:

Spring Green
                        Intel® Celeron® 550 (2.0GHz, 533Mhz, 1M L2 Cache)
                        Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic Edition SP1
                        Glossy, widescreen 15.4 inch display (1280x800)
                        Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
                        1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MHz
                        Size: 120GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
                        CD Writer / DVD player (Combo Drive)
                        Dell Wireless 1395 802.11g Mini-Card
                        Integrated 2.0M Pixel Webcam
                        4 cell battery
                        High Definition Audio 2.0

-My Accessories-
                        McAfee SecurityCenter with anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, 30-Days
                        Microsoft® Works Plus 2008
                        My Service
                        1Yr Ltd Hardware Warranty, InHome Service after Remote Diagnosis
                        Dell Online Backup 2GB for 1 year
                        Earthlink Internet Access

-Also Includes-
                        Integrated 10/100 Network Card
                        Integrated Modem
                        Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 8.1
                        Windows Vista™ Basic
                        Intel#174; CELERON#174; Processor
                        Staples Coupon Book

Good? Bad? Opinions? Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                          Im yet to check out those sites, but i went to Dell Online, and here's what i can get for $524:

Spring Green
                          Intel® Celeron® 550 (2.0GHz, 533Mhz, 1M L2 Cache)
                          Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic Edition SP1
                          Glossy, widescreen 15.4 inch display (1280x800)
                          Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
                          1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MHz
                          Size: 120GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
                          CD Writer / DVD player (Combo Drive)
                          Dell Wireless 1395 802.11g Mini-Card
                          Integrated 2.0M Pixel Webcam
                          4 cell battery
                          High Definition Audio 2.0

-My Accessories-
                          McAfee SecurityCenter with anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, 30-Days
                          Microsoft® Works Plus 2008
                          My Service
                          1Yr Ltd Hardware Warranty, InHome Service after Remote Diagnosis
                          Dell Online Backup 2GB for 1 year
                          Earthlink Internet Access

-Also Includes-
                          Integrated 10/100 Network Card
                          Integrated Modem
                          Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 8.1
                          Windows Vista™ Basic
                          Intel#174; CELERON#174; Processor
                          Staples Coupon Book

Good? Bad? Opinions? Thoughts?
                          not bad but check out the acer http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834115482 has a dual core prc which is better prc even at 1.8ghz and 3 gigs of mem will runn way faster also 160gb hard drive instead of 120gb harddrive along with the same graphics

VGN-NR430E/S Laptops / Notebooks
                          View Pic

Rating + 4Rating + 4Rating + 4Rating + 4Rating + 4 [5]

SONY VAIO NR Series VGN-NR430E/S Intel Pentium dual-core T2390(1.86GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 2GB Memory 160GB HDD DVD Super Multi Intel GMA X3100 NoteBook - Retail

* Color: Silver
                          * Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
                          * CPU Type: Intel Pentium dual-core T2390(1.86GHz)
                          * Screen: 15.4" WXGA
                          * Memory Size: 2GB DDR2
                          * Hard Disk: 160GB
                          * Optical Drive: DVD Super Multi
                          * Graphics Card: Intel GMA X3100
                          * Model #: VGN-NR430E/S
                          * Item #: N82E16834117724
                          * Return Policy: Desktop PC, Notebook, and Tablet PC Return Policy
                          this one is 599 and i cant find anything that i would suggest in our inventory in your price range right now but newegg is very reputable and has the best prices to be seen on the web
                          Last edited by lxinks; 09-09-2008, 05:27 PM.
                          h23a3 lxinks

Comment

Thats why i was eyeing that ACEr at Wal-Mart. It has 160GB mem and 2GB HD. Also comes with the cam, which is a plus, lol. All for less than $450 after taxes.

I dunno. The ACEr is cheap, and the "best deal". The Dell is a better name and better hardware but it is a bit more. I may just save and go with the Dell.

I dont know.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                              Thats why i was eyeing that ACEr at Wal-Mart. It has 160GB mem and 2GB HD. Also comes with the cam, which is a plus, lol. All for less than $450 after taxes.

I dunno. The ACEr is cheap, and the "best deal". The Dell is a better name and better hardware but it is a bit more. I may just save and go with the Dell.

I dont know.
                              i hate dell and their suppport plus i work for a computer company and we refuse to sell dell products but we do sell acer and they dont fail. i havent done a single return to vendor on one in 2 1/2 years i say go w/ the acer. same warranty as the dell. and actually dell uses shit for components like maxtor harddrives and cheap ass power supplies go w/ the acer
                              h23a3 lxinks

Comment

Prices went up a bit, but i think i may still end up going with the Acer. Im not gonna be picking one up until next weekend, so in the meantime, ill really look online and Best Buy and see if they have anything better.

Comment

Working...
                                X