Applied at Honda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applied at Honda

I'm tried of my shitty part time job living pay check to pay check. I've been looking for jobs. My friend just started working at a honda dealer as a lube tech. He told me they are looking for a few people to be a service writer.

Seems like something I would enjoy. Plus I get to wear a bad ass honda shirt! Wish me luck!
    wat?

Service Writer is a great job. Take calls, walk-ins, make appointments, up-sell parts/labor, bill labor hours for techs, and make warranty claims. The biggest part is customer service. So i hope you like people, cuz you're gonna meet all kinds. Some are friendlier than others.

Hope you get on well with the staff and join the team!

Good Luck!!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I am a tech at a Honda dealer, and a service writer is one job I would not want to do.

Comment

I already deal with people at my current job. So thats no problem.

Yeah its not ideal but its better then working at a factory. (that's pretty much only places hiring that pay decent around here.)
        wat?

Comment

itll pay way better than a lube tech. thats for sure. plus you wont get dirty.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I am currently trying to move from sales and become a service adviser. I have been working with my GM and Service manager and they both agree that the adviser is probably one of the hardest jobs at the dealership.. You have to be great in front of people and be able to be yelled at by customers. If a tech screws up, its your fault, if something is voided out of warranty or anything like that, it comes back to you. You have to be the barer of bad news for everything and you get all the heat, not the tech, not Honda, YOU.

Also, be aware that many of them are commission based. At least around here.
            1996 Honda Shadow VT1100C

Sold
            1993 Honda Accord 10th Ann

Comment

It's unlikely that you'll get a service writer position with no significant experience. Most service writers are former mechanics. They pay is good, the hours can be grueling, and it's a pain in the ass middle-man job. Essentially, you'll have the mechanics AND the customers bitching at you! I had the chance to take the position at my stepdad's old Chrysler dealership (and only because I was family... not because I was terribly qualified.)
              You'll likely be either commission or salary. My stepdad's writer was salary... but he worked well over 40 hours each week. Usually closer to 60. Dude was good, though! Commission is harder. It takes willpower to do what's best for the customer, and not be clouded by dollar signs. Start pushing expensive repairs on people, and you'll earn the entire dealership a bad reputation!

Good luck, though! If you get it, consider yourself lucky! I believe I'd have started somewhere around $40,000, with bonus potential. That was at least 7 years ago, and my stepdad's dealership was small and not very profitable (which is why bitchass Chrysler pulled their franchise...) Even now, $40,000 would be enough for me to live fairly comfortably as I am now!

Comment

Got hired as a Express Tech. Not really what I wanted but better than my old job lol.
                wat?

Comment

goodluck
                  FRIENDS
                  DONT LET
                  FRIENDS
                  ROLL ON
                  ROTA'S

Comment

Originally posted by mugencivic4dr View Post
                    goodluck
                    Not necessary...

Got hired as a Express Tech. Not really what I wanted but better than my old job lol.
                    To the OP, congrats on express tech. As long as it is better than your last job, I'm sure you will be good.

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
                      Not necessary...

To the OP, congrats on express tech. As long as it is better than your last job, I'm sure you will be good.
                      Why is wishing someone good luck on a new job not necessary!?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                        Why is wishing someone good luck on a new job not necessary!?
                        Sorry, thought you were wishing him good luck on trying to get a good job... normally people say congratulations when someone gets a job not good luck.

you might want to be more specific next time.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          It's unlikely that you'll get a service writer position with no significant experience. Most service writers are former mechanics.
                          Not in my experience. Lol. At the dealership I worked at, only 1 of our 5 service writers were former techs. One was a woman that got her job by....let's just say she serviced a lot of "accounts". One of the guys was a weasel who, well, weaseled his way in, one guy was a legit nice guy who liked cars and knew a tiny bit about cars, and the 5th one was the son of our head office manager. He knew nothing about cars.

While Service Writer is a nice position, I'd rather be in Parts. Air conditioning, discounts, and you don't have to deal with customers as much and when you do, they're not in as pissy a mood as those having work done.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I always bitch at the service writers. "Get off the fucking RO (repair order) , I need to enter the parts if you want them in there!".

On the other note , I wish you get the job man! It's a great job to begin with , plus you'll get used to it on the long run.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                            1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                            2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                            2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                            2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                            2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post

While Service Writer is a nice position, I'd rather be in Parts. Air conditioning, discounts, and you don't have to deal with customers as much and when you do, they're not in as pissy a mood as those having work done.
                              Exactly. I work in parts and i deal with far less attitude than any of the service writers. Even less as a technician. I do miss the shop though...was harder/more work but WAAAY more fun than billing parts with a computer...So enjoy it!

Originally posted by ExplodingCake View Post
                              I always bitch at the service writers. "Get off the fucking RO (repair order) , I need to enter the parts if you want them in there!".

LOL

I thought that was just the guys at my shop...but it must be like that everywhere! They come in, "hey i need some parts billed." Im like, "Sure thing!".... Check the R.O..... ...WTF!... "GET OUT OF THE R.O.!"

It's a daily occurrence.

Anyways, Grats on the new grind! Finish your self-studies ASAP, you'll get a $50 gift card from honda...or something close...(might have changed since the last time i checked) and it'll look good when the regional rep comes by to run his numbers.

Good luck to ya!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Working...
                              X