Car door window rattling when door closes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car door window rattling when door closes

I got a 92 accord ex coupe. Both of my windows rattle when i close door. Is there suppose to be some rubber piece somewhere that stops this?

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
    I got a 92 accord ex coupe. Both of my windows rattle when i close door. Is there suppose to be some rubber piece somewhere that stops this?
    Yes, and could be other foam things too. I believe this also happens when the guide bolts come loose or other components. Take the door panel off take a look. Good luck

Comment

Do the windows only rattle when down and shutting the doors?

If so the answer is to take off your door panels and find the bottom rubber runner laying in bottom of the door somewhere. Along with the bottom clip that is supposed to hold it in place. Take the rubber and clean it really well. Reinstall into the rear track, this can be a pain in the ass sometimes. The non uniform end goes up into the bottom of the top rubber. Getting them to slide together can be tough. Once it's in place and the clip is on the bottom of the runner to hold the rubber in place, get some Shin-Etsu grease from Honda, and re-grease the windows tracks. Wipe any excess off the outer edges, you want the runners coated nicely, but not too much to leave excess on the window. If your really up for it you can clean and re-grease the upper window tracks as well. To do this just roll your window all the way down. Both of my SE coupes have had this. I haven't had to replace any window pins yet.

If your window rattles all the time then your most likely need new window pins. I think they are $14 a side from Honda. There is a DIY to replace those on this site.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Working...
      X