Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Intake mani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake mani

Alright threw a rod in my 90' lx engine breakin. So for a quick fix i swapped in a f22b2. but what i didnt kno is that the intake manifolds were different. the f22b2 has larger ports but it doesnt look like all the sensors hook up to it. so currently i'm running the f22a1 intake manifold and have the vacuum leak from hell idles from 800-3500rpm lol. i figure its because the gasket. so my question is can i just use the b2 i/m or do i have to make shift some stuff? eager to learn.
    Turbo f22
    52.94%
    lexus sc300
    0.00%
    Eagle talon tsi awd
    11.76%
    Nissan 300zx TT
    35.29%

you most definitely would have to use the f22b2 intake manifold. I don't think the f22a intake manifolds will match up properly. Although I could be wrong.

Comment

wont match up because of port spacing.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

ok so i have to use the f22b2 i/m. So now the ? is will all the sensors and vacuum hoses match up?

Comment

Originally posted by twinaiti View Post
          ok so i have to use the f22b2 i/m. So now the ? is will all the sensors and vacuum hoses match up?
          For the most part. Do you have the ECU for it (I think POA, or maybe POB?)?
          1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

what b2 is it obd1 or 2 that will determine a couple things if it is obd 1 then they should plug in you might have to lengthen some of them and the ones that don't plug right in you will have to either cut and wire on the f22ax plug or install the old sensor on the new intake if it is obd2 then you will have to install the sensors off of the old one and order a adapter plate for the iacv becuse you have a 2 wire unit and the obd2 is a 3 wire one and there is no converting it. if you are going to stay with that motor then you should get a f23a1 intake it has shorter runners and the ports are 2mm larger i diameter you will receive better throttle response from it.

Comment

Working...
            X