H311RA151N : 1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM transmission filter and pan gasket.

Edit for my personal future reference... went through the service manual. Replacement of transmission filter and pan gasket. Torque specs.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 08-19-2017, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Changed tranny filter, fluid and tranny pan gasket.

Comment

Getting things loaded up and ready to move. Hatch is full of new parts.

Comment

Wait...is this your daily??

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
            Wait...is this your daily??
            No. Although I do drive it often. Or have lately anyhow.

Comment

The Talon in Missouri.

And the Talon here in Jackson Wyoming. Bad pic.

Comment

This is a really cool car, I always liked them. I've seen maybe two on the road, EVER. Actually one was in a parking lot not long after someone had just bought it brand new.

One suggestion I'd make is to disassemble that rear caliper again and replace the piston. The finish didn't look bad, but now that the chrome is compromised I wouldn't be surprised if it corrodes again. If you keep it in there I think it'll work ok, but you might want to flush the brake fluid every fall. More worrying to me was the rust in the caliper. Were you able to get it all out? Did it leave any bad pits?

What is that color called by the way? Reminds me of GM's Sunset Orange.
                My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
                Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
                Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

It gets a lot of looks for sure.

Yeah, the rear caliper is still the way I assembled it as can be seen. No issues what so ever. The noise was actually from the parking brake shoes needing adjustment after the installation of new rotors.

I don't recall much honestly. Sorry. One day I will replace the calipers. So that's been the plan since the brake work was preformed.

The color is Paprika Red Pearl. The car is one of 15 ever made. Beige interior, auto trans and Paprika red pearl. This car is one of two possibly three left. Paprika Red Pearl was the rarest or second rarest color of the 2Gs. But this combo is the rarest. And it being a '98, the last year of Eagle pushes it over the edge in terms of rarity. Too bad it wasn't better taken care of before I got it.

Long term I want to find a roller chassis, strip it, paint it and start putting parts off this car onto the new (rust free) freshly painted chassis one part at a time. Same color of course. The best I can do to "save" the car. Salt kills DSM's like it does Hondas.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                    Salt kills DSM's like it does Hondas.
                    Worse really. Honda rust is usually confined to the rear of the car. Salt on a dsm attacks the strut towers in the engine bay. Once bad enough, the car is unable to be driven.

I lost one that way

Fortune to have that rust repaired too.
                    Originally posted by wed3k
                    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                      Worse really. Honda rust is usually confined to the rear of the car. Salt on a dsm attacks the strut towers in the engine bay. Once bad enough, the car is unable to be driven.

I lost one that way

Fortune to have that rust repaired too.
                      Thankfully my bay and strut towers are perfect. Not a spec of rust.

I've seen DSM's with strut tower rot. It's horrible.

Mine is rusted on the skirt side of the rear fender wells. And of course I've got twisties. I know I can find a set of replacements if I wait. But I'd rather get another rust free chassis so I can make some other modifications to it before swapping everything over. Rust preventative like a mad man for one.

Comment

Life is good!

Picture above is taken from my residence here in Jackson Wyoming.

Just checking in. Some big things are in the works. My new platform is going to be a Youtube channel! With a little help from some professionals I've recently hooked up with I think those of you that know and follow me will be pleasantly surprised. I've always wanted my own platform where I can do my own thing. That's becoming a possibility as we speak and is already turning out to be more than I originally expected. As for a timeline were quite a ways out. I will let you know more when I know. Until next time!

Comment

Nice lookin Talon. I can't say that I miss mine at all. Mine was a 94, was a front wheel drive 5 speed car.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Size9zombie View Post
                            Nice lookin Talon. I can't say that I miss mine at all. Mine was a 94, was a front wheel drive 5 speed car.
                            Thanks! And that's not surprising. Most people don't care for the issues that come along with them. These cars can be crude. If you don't really enjoy working on cars a DSM isn't for you. I wouldn't go through everything one has to go through just to own a fwd either. No offense. The issues can be overcome. It just takes time and money. Quite a bit of both honesty. And of course the will to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                              Thanks! And that's not surprising. Most people don't care for the issues that come along with them. These cars can be crude. If you don't really enjoy working on cars a DSM isn't for you. I wouldn't go through everything one has to go through just to own a fwd either. No offense. The issues can be overcome. It just takes time and money. Quite a bit of both honesty. And of course the will to do so.

I worked on mine almost (if not more) than I drove it.

I had a fully built bottom end, forged crank knife edged and micro polished along with forged H beam rods and 50mm Nippon pistons at 9.5:1, Kelford 272s, Howards lifters and dual bee hive springs, port and polish, 3 angle job, Cyclone intake with the blue and white vacuum canister, big 16g Evo 3 turbo, external dump off the turbo, 3 in mandrel bend straight pipe. Innovative wide band, ECMlink tuned to 28 for 93 with RC 750 injectors, innovative fpr. ETC. ETC. (that's only a small part of the list)

I had plans to convert it to AWD and E85 but got sick having it so I got rid of it before I actually did. Don't get me wrong, it was fast and really fun to drive. I got looks and compliments constantly, just got tired of working on it.

I LOVE working on cars, been doing it for a living since I was 16, but those things are something else. Didn't help that the previous owner didn't take care of it hardly at all.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Size9zombie View Post
                                I worked on mine almost (if not more) than I drove it.

I had a fully built bottom end, forged crank knife edged and micro polished along with forged H beam rods and 50mm Nippon pistons at 9.5:1, Kelford 272s, Howards lifters and dual bee hive springs, port and polish, 3 angle job, Cyclone intake with the blue and white vacuum canister, big 16g Evo 3 turbo, external dump off the turbo, 3 in mandrel bend straight pipe. Innovative wide band, ECMlink tuned to 28 for 93 with RC 750 injectors, innovative fpr. ETC. ETC. (that's only a small part of the list)

I had plans to convert it to AWD and E85 but got sick having it so I got rid of it before I actually did. Don't get me wrong, it was fast and really fun to drive. I got looks and compliments constantly, just got tired of working on it.

I LOVE working on cars, been doing it for a living since I was 16, but those things are something else. Didn't help that the previous owner didn't take care of it hardly at all.
                                Sounds like most DSM'ers! Funny you said you worked on it more than you drove it. I've heard it said I'll bet 1000 times about these cars. I enjoy working on cars too. This one had me cussing more times than once. I expected it though. I knew what I was getting into. Ah the cost of going fast... in a DSM.

I wish I had your engine. Serious money and time there. Looks like you went about as far as most do. On FB pages so many DSM's are "complete" and "just need a tune." Lol I'm sure you know all about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X