Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abs Code 12, Possible water leak getting into relay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abs Code 12, Possible water leak getting into relay?

It seems after it rains here or big snow which is not often, i sometimes get a code 12 on abs. Twice so far. I have a leaky trunk from the rear window or the trunk clips on right side. Take your pick as i see water in trunk after these events .I also once got an abs code for rear left wheel speed sensor. Though i am not sure if that was after it rained or snowed. Isn't my abs stuff on the rear right of trunk. Any thoughts?

Yes, there are ABS system components mounted to the right side of the trunk. Water leaking through the clips for the chrome trim at the bottom of the rear windshield may be leaking onto the them. I don't think the speed sensors would normally be affected by rain or snow, but if the insulation is deteriorated somewhere along the wire, or you're getting enough water in the trunk where the connectors are (I think the one for the left rear wheel is pretty low on the left side of the trunk) to immerse or get them wet, then it could cause a problem. Does your system still work at all? I think most folks at this point give up on keeping it working.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
      Does your system still work at all? I think most folks at this point give up on keeping it working.
      Yes it still works. I took my pump out about a year ago to fix pump overrun. I have never bled the abs system though.

Comment

Working...
      X