Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

car shuts off very often at idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car shuts off very often at idle

its a 92 accord with a h22, 2001 prelude motor, recently cleaned iacv and egr ports and adjusted idle screw but it still dips low and shuts off, please help

Originally posted by jack_47111 View Post
    its a 92 accord with a h22, 2001 prelude motor, recently cleaned iacv and egr ports and adjusted idle screw but it still dips low and shuts off, please help
    u may have a vacume leak.

my new turbo build

Comment

u have a vacume leak b4 and my dad sprayed carb cleaner in the throttle body and found where it was coming from

Comment

Hey Jake, its Adam.

As far as I know, the idle is fluctuating between 800 to near low 100 rpm and occasionally stalls the engine with and without load.

No CEL's popping up.

We had taped up unused hoses and ruled out any vacuum leaks. Cleaned out the Iacv, EGR (and ports) thoroughly and played with the idle screw (twisting it counter clockwise)

I suspect it could be a bad Throttle Position Sensor ( no CEL?), a dirty FICV, idle screw still needs to be adjusted or another problem such as the O2 sensor.

Jake if you can get a some Throttle/ carb cleaner, let me know

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
        -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

maybe bad alternator??

Comment

A bad alternator would mean a dead battery, which is not the case.

The alternator is no more than 2 years old anyways.

Comment

not always but it was just a thought.. how bout gas problems??

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzymoto View Post
                not always but it was just a thought.. how bout gas problems??
                New Honda fuel filter with-end the last year. other than that, everything is in check. No issues while driving the car, its just the idle. (as far as I know )

Comment

I would say bump the throttle body back a little so you can have the idle sitting at 1000rpm. However this will not fix the problem but it will give you time to try and evaluate if there are any lines that may be routed wrong as far as a Vacume issue... Just an idea guys.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                  PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

does it smell rich?
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

well I sold the car to the OP about a 2 weeks ago and I'm trying to help him out a little bit so he could understand cb7's.

Does it smell rich,... last I had seen it, no.

Comment

and what computer?
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

p13 ( 95' h22a ecu )

Comment

Working...
                          X