Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Anyone bumping without subs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone bumping without subs?

Is anyone making any making nice sound (bass) in their cb without a sub or is that key?

im trying to stay away from sub boxes in the trunk they get stolen a lot anyone have alternatives?

maybe some uprgaded speakers and amp them

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
    My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
    Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

A set of good 6x9s in the back should help out a bit as far as bass goes.
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

some DB sound 6'' speakers sound prety good and have plenty of bass
        -----------------------------------------------

''It is what it is, Do what you want''
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167905

Comment

I was when I had my other 8's in my doors.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
            I was when I had my other 8's in my doors.
            In the CB?

You can have a decent set up w/o subs. Hell you can even have a decent setup with all 6.5"s. Just get the speaker measurements and have frootloops make you some front baffles w/the door screw templates. Then get some roof adhesive to seal the front doors and de-rattle the rear deck. Couple that w/a decent 4 channel amp and some nice bass heavy speakers like CDTs and you're good to go.

It will *never* have the hit of a 12", but it can be good enough. I had a 6.5/6x9 setup in my first car and I enjoyed it.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Thanks people for your imput

Bought my car with NO stereo or speakers what so ever..
              I was wondering what route i should take

Comment

if you can find a cb7 with its bose system intact scoop that...
                and go with a decent 4x50 watt deck and your good i know the bose setup is a suggested 15watts but they handle alot more cleanly with no isssues
                want a little more bass swap the rear 6x9s with a a set of low db or bass 6x9s and that is definitely bumpin, but strait up nothing will get you the tremendous slap your gonna get with a powered sub

another option is like previously suggested is a seperate 4 way amp with a low crossover filter. that will allow you to control the low end and high end output of your amp to the speakers and you can adjust the bass to your prefered level
                most crossovers also come with bass boost and DB adjustment

^^MRT^^
                THIRD EYE FISH

Comment

you can steal my idea

i want to put a sound system as well but dont have the funds.

My idea was to remove the spare tire from under the carpet and build a custom speaker box that fits that area, it would house the speaker and amp and would be hidden under the carpet. Thus making it look as if nothing was there. Just an idea though. And last but not least put Dynamat in areas that rattle most =]

Comment

My bose system (my car didn't come with it, speakers and amps were from a maxima) will actually kick decently well, but I'm not a big fan of making small speakers try to act like a sub though. With mine at least, they lose some clarity in the midrange when they are hitting the lows, so I set the high pass filter at 100hz and just let my subs do the heavy lifting (unless its night time in a residential area/quiet hours on my campus, then I turn off the sub's amp).

I used to have a home theater sub in my trunk. It was compact (about the size of a desktop computer's tower), and would add a nice amount of bottom to the system without my midranges distorting.

Comment

you can make it so that it is almost impossible to steal your sub box if that is your main concern. i made an MDF floor for my trunk then screwed my fiberglass box to that before i put the subs in. it is literally impossible to get it out of the trunk without breaking a lot of things or unscrewing both subs then getting in the box with a drill.

my suggestion is to get a good 4-channel amp and speakers (component set up front, mid-bass 6.5's in the rear) hooked up to either an ipod or a good head unit. dont bother with bose, it is trash compared to almost any aftermarket amp out there. if you still need some bump make sure your box is really secure in your trunk, as in chained, bolted, or screwed in.
                      Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 10-18-2010, 07:27 PM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                        my suggestion is to get a good 4-channel amp and speakers (component set up front, mid-bass 6.5's in the rear) hooked up to either an ipod or a good head unit. dont bother with bose, it is trash compared to almost any aftermarket amp out there. if you still need some bump make sure your box is really secure in your trunk, as in chained, bolted, or screwed in.

Word, your right about that.
                        the amp that came in I believe the 93 se
                        was shit, especially if you have a head unit powering your speakers
                        you couldnt even make out the amps effect

^^MRT^^
                        THIRD EYE FISH

Comment

dont forget dynamat too, our trunks sound like a rattle can if you dont put it in your seals. haha but thats up to you. Its relatively cheap stuff and it works wonders!!

Comment

Damn I always had Bose as number one when it came to car audio

Comment

I ran Alpine Type R 6.5" coax speakers with a 95 watt x 4 channel amp, it had decent bass. Dropped in a pair of 12s with 1500 watts though and it blew the 6.5s away.

Comment

Working...
                              X